cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE American Express -- FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE American Express -- FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA

I checked my mail and thought ---hmmmmm, Man Surprised what's this beautiful, looking, hard-carstock envelope? Someone must have spent some good money to develop, market and print this out for me. Man LOL

At first, I thought it must be just another promo mail for a junky card until I turned over the envelope.

On the back it says "It's not a Card. It's the Card."

Ah-hah!!  I did not pause and immediately opened it. On the inside is a slick, awesome-looking brochure, terms, and app..

On the brochure it says: "Just one Card can make all the difference in the world." "Introducing the Card you've been hopnig for: th (FNBO) - First National Bank of Omaha Travelite American Express Card. The Card that takes you further."  Smiley Very Happy  mmmmmm, I start to salivate. LOL

I am offered to apply with my unique access code and reservation #.

So far, I likey, likey!

I really am tempted to pull the trigger but my 61st day on my Costco Amex is coming up in about 3 weeks. Should I wait or will a HP ruin my chances for a 3X CLI on my Amex?

I'm siding on the "wait-and-see-attitude" with amex 3x CLI and then come back to apply for this card. But again, it is soooo tempting to just do it.  

Anybody out there have any feedback regarding FBNO's underwriting?  btw, all my CRAs are in the high upper 600's.

Any of you interested in this card?  @creditaddict???????  - I know you want it!!! Smiley LOL

The brochure goes into alot of details but here is the gist:

* 3 Points per $1 on qualifying air and hotel purchases

* 1.5 points per $1 on all other purchases

* Zero% introductory APR on purchases until September 2015

* No Foreign Transaction Fee

* They will credit you with $100 for Global Entry (TSA Screening)

* Credits to airport lounges, on-board food and beverages

* Will pay you the difference if you find a lower fare rate within 72 hours

* Provides emergency assistance 24/7 365

*Premium Concierge

* Annual Fee $99

Note: I read the small print and this is a NPSL card.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: "It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE -- ooooooooooh, I am sooooo tempted to ap

@Anonymous wrote:

So do you need global entry?   If so, that reduces the AF to an effective $79.  Are these just cashback points, or do they have enhanced value?  If cashback, not sure that there is value there, you can get 1.5% and no FTF from a free Quicksilver with better international availability.  So that leaves the extra points on air and hotel.   

Message 2 of 43
red259
Super Contributor

Re: "It's not a Card. It's THE Card." TRAVELITE -- ooooooooooh, I am sooooo tempted to ap

This is not an american express card. Its on the american express network, but its not issued by american express. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 43
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

You mentioned its NPSL does that mean its like Amex Charges then where it needs to be PIF? Or can you carry a balance?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So do you need global entry?   If so, that reduces the AF to an effective $79.  Are these just cashback points, or do they have enhanced value?  If cashback, not sure that there is value there, you can get 1.5% and no FTF from a free Quicksilver with better international availability.  So that leaves the extra points on air and hotel.   

On the site it states: "You can check your point balance and redeem points for rewards like travel, gift cards, merchandise or cash back as a credit to your account."

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:
You mentioned its NPSL does that mean its like Amex Charges then where it needs to be PIF? Or can you carry a balance?

According to the fine details, you will receive a revolving line of credit for purchases and cash advances" - based on the NPSL - they may authorized a limit above and beyond your revolving - so it seems like a hybrid type of card. They will give a set limit but should I be in a rut and stuck at the airport, they could hand me more credit to get over the hump - based on spending habits and creditworthiness.

Message 6 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

On the site it states: "You can check your point balance and redeem points for rewards like travel, gift cards, merchandise or cash back as a credit to your account."

So probably not transfer to frequent flyer programs as that would be called out.    

Message 7 of 43
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

According to the fine details, you will receive a revolving line of credit for purchases and cash advances" - based on the NPSL - they may authorized a limit above and beyond your revolving - so it seems like a hybrid type of card. They will give a set limit but should I be in a rut and stuck at the airport, they could hand me more credit to get over the hump - based on spending habits and creditworthiness.

So to me it sounds like Visa Siggy where you can go over your limit but need to pay X amount over back till its below your limit again. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

This is not an american express card. Its on the american express network, but its not issued by american express. 

Don't really care if they are an AMEX network card since I already have a reg AMEX - just looking into the benefits FBNO is offering at this time.

Message 9 of 43
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

So this is like a standard Visa Sig/MC World: transactions over your limit may be approved, but you have to pay the excess in full.

ETA: as skye said first!

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.