cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Year and half clean credit and now something from 2002? WTH? HELP please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Year and half clean credit and now something from 2002? WTH? HELP please.

Go to planetfeedback.com and compose a nice letter stating your case and send it to the execs at Sprint. I had a similar situation and had exhausted all avenues. Learned about PFB on this site and used it. Within a week, Sprint responded with a phone call from the Executive Office, did an immediate investigation...and whala...within another week or so, IT WAS GONE!! and they sent ME a check since it turned out to be their mistake like I said in the beginning..So don't lose any hair or sleep over this...and MERRY CHRISTMAS...
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had Harvard pop up on my report out of nowhere. I plan to DV and Disp unless the group suggests otherwise. Seems like this may be a new company or an old company with a new name. Never heard of them before. Oddly enough, mine was for a Sprint bill too.
Message 12 of 36
bb1000
New Contributor

Yup, me too. Sprint as well. I've seen quite a few others over at CB are having the same situation. No dunning letters, no calls, just slapped on the reports.
Message 13 of 36
bb1000
New Contributor

Any updates?
Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for asking. Today I got a letter requesting that I provide them proof that I have paid or that this is not mine.

Tonight I have been searching old bank statements. I know that I paid, but because it was so long ago and the on-line records are not available I am at a loss.

I guess the last thing to do is to do as the previous poster suggested. I have never had any success with GW or PFD that I why I am so sad. I think I am just going to have my 39 point loss for a while. What I can't believe is that I haven't had one letter regarding this debt nor call, they just slapped it on my credit reports.

Someone at CB said that they thought that I could be from an AFNI account, which I have had in the past and paid.

I am at a loss. I'll take any suggestions.

Thanks
Message 15 of 36
bb1000
New Contributor

I'm the guy at CB who said it might be AFNI. I don't think it is though, after more thought on it. The AFNI one I had was for much more than these jokers are looking for. When did you send your DV? I haven't heard anything from them yet, and it's making me angry. Clearly, the consensus seems to be that they don't send dunning letters or call, but rather they just use the negative reporting to tank the scores and compel people to pay. Ain't gonna happen with me without 1. Validation or 2. An agreement to delete. Please keep updating to this thread!
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were supposed to send me a DV letter, or is this what it is? I disputed immediately when I got the score and hey reference that. I am just confused. I want my 39 points back! I have worked HARD to keep up EVERYTHING ON TIME. Atleast I am not as strung out as I was Christmas Eve. My head hurt from the time I received the notice until Wednesday. We'll see. Keep me posted as well please.
Message 17 of 36
bb1000
New Contributor

I feel the same aggravation. I've worked hard as well, and can't help but to question their timing. The account they are collecting on is about 5 years old. Where were they two years ago when my score was 500? Noooooo, they wait until I'm in the high 600's, until after I've gotten my nice prime cards from AMEX, etc. If you sent them a DV letter, and they sent you something asking for proof, I personally would send them back a letter saying that is not proper validation, and that the burden is on THEM to prove you owe the debt. How can you prove that it isn't yours!? You can't, unless they got the name wrong or something. From prior posts here and on CB, it seems they fold rather easily. Get tough. If they don't validate, and it stays on your reports, sue them!
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bb1000 wrote:
I feel the same aggravation. I've worked hard as well, and can't help but to question their timing. The account they are collecting on is about 5 years old. Where were they two years ago when my score was 500? Noooooo, they wait until I'm in the high 600's, until after I've gotten my nice prime cards from AMEX, etc. If you sent them a DV letter, and they sent you something asking for proof, I personally would send them back a letter saying that is not proper validation, and that the burden is on THEM to prove you owe the debt. How can you prove that it isn't yours!? You can't, unless they got the name wrong or something. From prior posts here and on CB, it seems they fold rather easily. Get tough. If they don't validate, and it stays on your reports, sue them!

We sound very familiar. Yup I got my new home, got the Amex, paying timely and then a COLLECTION? BOOO! I am like where were you when I was paying all of my other collections? And me, I never got annual reports until last year so I have nothing with that amount on my report from last year that I paid off. NOTHING.

I will be working on this over the weekend. My mind was a blur this week after the notification, but I see that I am not alone. Man I dreamed that it was a mistake, then I woke up.

At the suggestion I called Amex, they were like, your credit is perfect with us. I have paid my card twice after purchases this week - that will probably piss them off, but I really want to keep my status with them. I don't want no universal default. This is not my fault, well I don't think so.

We'll keep fighting. I will let you know what happens next week after I send them my request for validation. Do you know if it will be like bills or something? I don't understand this process at all. Kind of learning as I go.
Message 19 of 36
bb1000
New Contributor

ddivaqt wroteSmiley Very Happyo you know if it will be like bills or something? I don't understand this process at all. Kind of learning as I go.

When I requested validation for one of my collections, they actually did send bills. It was the AFNI account. I think that would constitute pretty good validation. What does NOT constitute proper validation is some bogus printout from them saying your name, the original creditor, and the amount. You can get that much information from your credit report. Like I mentioned above, my first impulse was a very menacing DV letter, but I reconsidered and I figured I'd give the PFD route a try first, since it is worth the small amount of money to me just for them to be gone quickly. I'm hoping they send you proper validation. If they do, and it's yours, try the PFD route. There's a good letter that was sent to them a few months ago. Do a search for the thread "PFD worked for Harvard Collection."
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.