Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Managing Util/Accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Managing Util/Accounts

Just as a quick rundown, here's my accounts info.

Cap1 $500

Amazon Store Card $700

Discover More $1000

I'm trying to rebuild, and want to make the best of utilization and keep getting CLI's.

Here's my quandry. I have been paying off the Discover More and Cap1 each month, and my first Amazon bill is due soon. Of the three, I really only want the Cap1 to be the only one to report a balance to show some util (>9%) but apparently GEMB/Amazon will not cut a statement without a balance. And if they are not cutting statements, I cannot get a CLI on the account. Am I going to have to let the Amazon/GEMB account be the one that reports a balance? How do most people that have this account as well handle this situation. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Best Managing Util/Accounts

my stupid fireside bank mastercard does the same thing.  They charge the monthly fee of 7.00 the day the statement cuts.  So I will have to pay it off, then MAIL IN A CHECK so that I get a credit, so that it will be zero.  They will not let me over-pay via phone or computer.

I hate this card so much and can't wait to close it.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure how that has anything to do with my original question?

Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

UUHH, didn't you say they wouldn't cut a statement without a balance?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
tbolt2
Contributor

I  see a couple of  possibilities:

If  your purchases had a special promotional period with no interest, just let it carry a balance each month and pay half the balance each month. Make sure to PIF before the promotional period ends.

OR... 

make one small purchase each month. If you have a Kindle and like to read, I can guarantee this would not be a problem. Smiley Happy - I should be able to get the 4 month CLI later this month if my PIF two months ago didn't mess up the 4 month/statement CLI that GEMB seems to give. I'm kinda hoping they give a good CLI to help with my utilization, but hoping they won't because the Kindle makes it waaaaayyy too easy to buy books......and I reeeaaalllly like to read.... 

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.