Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to get credit score?

What is the best way for me to get an accurate credit score? I have used credit karma, credit sesame,and credit tracker through capital one, how do I know which one is right?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to get credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the best way for me to get an accurate credit score? I have used credit karma, credit sesame,and credit tracker through capital one, how do I know which one is right?

All three of those scores are Fakos. The first two are Vantage scores, which are rarely used by any creditors. The Cap One score isn't used by anybody.The most used scores are Fico, and they are available here at this site.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the only way I can get access to them is $24.95 a month? Is it worth it? I am thinking that it might be,

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So the only way I can get access to them is $24.95 a month? Is it worth it? I am thinking that it might be,

Worth if for some, not worth it for others. I'm rather obsessive, so for me it's worth it. But, be aware that the $24.95 a month deal gives you one snapshot of your complete files, and thereafter it is just updates without access to the changes in the files. That happens once per year with the subscription. On the other hand, it also comes with a decent discount on other products. 

For actual Fico scores that are available for free, some cards provide that. Discover and Barclays, for example, provide a Fico 08 based on Transunion data. For many that, combined with the free file info from Credit Karma, is enough.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found out that Discover offers a free FICO 8 Score so I applied, not thinking I would get approved because my credit is not really very good, and I got approved for $6500!!

Message 5 of 18
Jon123
Valued Member

I used the experian site, 

it lists your experian credit report and will update daily, it does have a credit score but more so, it will help you get a handle on your negative items , 

easy to challenge incorrect enteries. 

gives alist of all your credit items, inquiries, and negative accounts. 

it can be very helpful

$15 bucks a month. 

American Express-NPSL-Home Depot-$10,000 Venture-$10,000 Discover-$14,500-Quicksilver$3,000(2)Quick Silver$2,750 (1)Capital One$1,750-(1)Barclay-$3,000-(2)Barclay-$2000-(3) $5000-Old Navy-$800-PayPal-$361-Target-$300 Authorized User--Discover-$4,000-Capital One-$3,250 Best Buy-$4,000-Barclay-$2,000 {Starting scores 550,562,565, Current Scores 683,695,702 }Mortgage score-695(credit Union Source) Goal-over 700 for all scores
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Welcome to the Discover family!!!

Side note: Discover also provides a couple key factors with the score as well... *icing*

@Anonymous wrote:

Found out that Discover offers a free FICO 8 Score so I applied, not thinking I would get approved because my credit is not really very good, and I got approved for $6500!!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually got this from the Post Office when we had a data breach. I get it free for a year.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover offers you your FICO 8 TU credit scrore. 

you can also pay here 24.99 here and see all 3 fico 8 score here 

Message 9 of 18
trant3
Established Contributor

Chase slate card offers free experian FICO

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.