Valued Member
motoracer

CO Update

I paid 2 CC CO accounts AMEX and Cap 1 the beginning of last month shouldnt that have updated with the CRA's by now? should I dispute or wait some more time?  It is killing my score I think.  I didnt get a PFD that has myh utilization over 90%.  when the CRA update that will bring my Utilization to 5% that should help my score right?
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: CO Update

Cap1 updates a few days after the statement.
the 19th Statement has not updated on mine yet.
Valued Member
motoracer

just thought after almost 2 months it should have shown up,,,is it possible that the CA for cap 1 didnt report the "paid in full"?  my UT is over 90% even these are closed when its brought to 0 shouldnt it help my score even though its already charged off showing an over the limit balance?
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

What is your statement date?
New Contributor
ddivaqt

When I was paying off my cap1 co I would dispute with CRA online days after I found that the payment had cleared my checking account. The collections person at cap1 told me that they only report 30 days AFTER the payment is received and I didn't have that kind of time to wait for the updates. Each time I did and they corrected the balance on my CR my FICO would increase as well.

Hope this works and that your numbers increase soon.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

motoracer wrote:
I paid 2 CC CO accounts AMEX and Cap 1 the beginning of last month shouldnt that have updated with the CRA's by now? should I dispute or wait some more time?  It is killing my score I think.  I didnt get a PFD that has myh utilization over 90%.  when the CRA update that will bring my Utilization to 5% that should help my score right?

Lowering your util to 5% will help your scores.  Getting the COs off your reports will help your scores, paying them WILL NOT.  If paid off, you can try a GW letter to get em deleted.  If not paid off, PFD them. 
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Valued Member
motoracer

I tried the PFD several times,,,,,,cap1 and AMEX wouldnt show me any love..haha so I just went ahead and paid them off.....I told Cap1 there was no way I was gonna pay them unless they removed the negatives from my TL there response was ok wait the 7 years then...
Moderator Emeritus
fused

motoracer wrote:
I tried the PFD several times,,,,,,cap1 and AMEX wouldnt show me any love..haha so I just went ahead and paid them off.....I told Cap1 there was no way I was gonna pay them unless they removed the negatives from my TL there response was ok wait the 7 years then...

Too bad you PIF, sometimes it's luck and sometimes it's who you send them to.  Many have failed with CAP1.  You could still try a GW letter, nothing to lose.  When are they suppose to fail off?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Valued Member
motoracer

timothy my statement date is may 17th
well AMEX falls off in 2 years and Cap1 3.5 more years :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+