Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChoicePoint?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

ChoicePoint?

I was denied credit recently and was referred to ChoicePoint Consumer Center for the 60 day request....

what is this?  I have never heard of ChoicePoint?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ChoicePoint?

Who denied you credit based on the choicepoint report?

They obtain and report a lot of information on insurance claims, tenant history, criminal background checks etc. They are scum and have alot of complaints and lawsuits against them for inaccurate information and security breaches. I hope this wasnt a large or reputable company that denied you credit off of that report. In my opinion if they use choicepoint to decided whether to extend credit or not they probably arent a company you want to deal with.

Message 2 of 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

My auto ins company, this past summer sent me a letter explaining that my insurance premiums

was going up. Because the ins co is going to start checking credit info.

And for me to call choice point and get a report. I called for the report and never received anything. 

Time to change auto insurance companies Smiley Happy 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 5
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

It was Allstate...which is odd consdering i filled out an online quote...they called me like an hour later and i said i wasn't interested since i went with geico...then more than a month later i get this letter from them regarding choicepoint and my denial...so i found that pretty perplexing

should i be worried about this report, and what it says about me...i mean i know for a fact i don't have poor tenant history or insurance claim history...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.