cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card not reporting limits???

tag
determined_1

Credit Card not reporting limits???

With Capital One not reporting the limits to agencies, will carrying a credit balance help to boost my scores?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card not reporting limits???

CAP1 does not report limits. Search the forum for more info. Bascially, you need to charge up your card to max and then pay it off since the high balance is used when the CL is not reported.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap 1 card has a $2,000 limit, the most I ever charged was $1991, so I got pretty close to my limit so I didn't wory abot the other $9. I would suggest getting as close to your limit as you possibly can then paying it off as has been suggested on other boards and also worked for me.
Message 3 of 13
determined_1

Thanks,
I understand now that whatever was last reported as my high balance is perceived as my limit. 

If I pay more than my balance and it carries a small credit balance when reported I'm assuming that will not hurt, but help if anything.

Message 4 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:
CAP1 does not report limits. Search the forum for more info. Bascially, you need to charge up your card to max and then pay it off since the high balance is used when the CL is not reported.

Does it work if you were to go over? I understand they don't hit with overlimit charges if the monthly finance charges cause the overlimit.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just talked to the costumer service and they said they can change that-to add your limit.
 Was not shure if I should do it now and if that will hurt my score.

My balance was 0$ on small $500 limit, and I charged card on Monday $230, and already is on my CR.

Bet its' to late for me to charge it up full , since we are going for house loan in the begining of June.
I guess paing off my Cap1 can only decrese depth to income ratio, since they do not report limit and It's not charged in full.

My head hurts.................

Message Edited by cinoeye on 05-11-2007 11:50 AM
Message 6 of 13
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

Does it work if you were to go over? I understand they don't hit with overlimit charges if the monthly finance charges cause the overlimit.

No because your card would probably decline. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know with us when it comes to CAP1 cards and the absence of high limits on the credit reports, our bank has a contact within CAP1 that we contact for that information.  The PATRIOT ACT allows the financial institutions to share general account information between each other as long as it is not involving specifics.  If there is an issue with you getting financing or anything along those lines due to a CAP1 card, simply tell them to contact CAP1.  As far as it effecting your FICO, like everyone said, max it out, have them report it, pay it off...
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I recently returned from Vacation(woohooo) . I thought I would add a bit of info on Cap One. About 2 months ago I called Cap One about this very issue. According to one of their Customer Service Managers( I went up the phone food chain a couple of levels) I was angeling for them to make an exception for me and report it for me (HAHA!!!). It appears that sometime between now and the end of the year they hope to be reporting all credit limits for their consumer credit cards. When I attempted to pin her down on some sort of time frame,notification,smoke signals from Cap One all she would say is they anticipate it being completed by the end of the year.
Message 9 of 13
EMB170guy

well here it is late 2008 and my Cap1 credit limit is not reported to any of the three. Ive not search ALL the threads here but have looked at a few. Has anyone in recent months had luck with calling up the food chain to get them to report either the credit limit.. or the high balance? Thannks.
10/28/2008 FICO: EQ745, EX770, TU781
1/13/2009: TU775
04/15/2009 FICO: EQ774, EX---, TU781
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.