Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal shenanigans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCheckTotal shenanigans

I recently signed up for the CCT trial about a week ago. I called in a few day later to cancel and they told me they had a promotional deal of 9.95 for 6 months if I decided to stay. I said sure, sign me up. I even asked again if 9.95 was the correct total due to hearing everyone here saying 14.97. He assured me that it was in fact correct, and that he was signing me up for it.

Fast forward to yesterday, I looked at my credit card activity online and noticed I was charged 29.95. What? I called in to the customer center and talked to a guy who said, no it is 14.97 and he refused to give me the price the first rep quoted. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he told me the same thing. They absolutely refused to budge off the price I was quoted even though they did indeed see that I had called in to cancel. Oh well. I guess some things are too good to be true.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal shenanigans

As a side not, I guess that is the bad part about having the same call center for different products. The rep got it confused with Experian credit tracker I'm sure.
Message 2 of 4
Existentialist
Frequent Contributor

So.......

did u (reluctantly) accept the $14.97 deal or tell them to stick it? Or since its already paid for just ride it thru the month? Oh.... and as for this...

@Anonymous wrote:
As a side not, I guess that is the bad part about having the same call center for different products. The rep got it confused with Experian credit tracker I'm sure.

@Where one's hard earned money is @ stake, confusion is not an option.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I told them that since they are unable to follow through with what I was told earlier, just to go ahead and cancel everything. The supervisor said it will take 3-5 days for me to see a refund of the 29.95. We will see. I was expecting them to cave when I said to cancel, but they didnt. And I didnt either.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.