Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I stand a chance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I stand a chance?

Well I am 2 for 2 with GW letters now. I did one for my sister on a Lane Bryant account and one for myself for a school loan with DLSC.

As some of you may know I'm working on getting a home loan. I need a 680 mid score to get the rate I need to be able to afford the $280k house I want to buy. I am currently sitting at a 674 mid score and the only thing that seems to bump it up using the Fico simulator is waiting 18-24 months. Up until now, opening a new account or paying down my CC debt would show an increase using the simulator.

So I am going to try the GW path one last time. I have a TL from Asset Acceptance for an AT&T cable bill in 2003. I paid via settlement back before I knew what a PFD was because they offered me $90 on a $302 debt. I did not DV this one as I knew the debt was mine. The account now shows as a paid collection from November 2006.

Now here is the e-mail I am sending to the CEO of Asset. Let me know what you think.....

Mr. Bradley,

In May of this year I received a letter from your company offering a settlement of an AT&T account from 2003. The Asset Acceptance LLC account number is 2xxxxxxx. This was the first letter I had ever received about this debt from your company. I made an honest effort to pay the debt that I believe was mine as soon as I was contacted by your company by immediately making payment on this account. This account was not on any of my credit reports at the time I made the payment but shortly after this, the account began to show up on all 3 of my credit reports.

I am currently attempting to obtain financing to buy a home and this account is now negatively impacting my credit score. I'm a single parent trying to raise my children with no help from my ex-wife. I have done everything in my power to pay off every debt I incurred when my wife left us. All I would like to do is let my children grow up in a home that is theirs as they have sacrificed with me for 3 years to get our lives back on track. In order to do this I am asking if you can help me by making a good will deletion of this account from my credit reports.

If you can help me obtain a home by doing this I would be forever in your debt. If you are not able to grant my request then I would like to thank you for your time and consideration of my request and for your company treating me fairly and offering me the opportunity to clear up my debt.

Sincerely,

bamf70
123 My Address
Mytown, PA MyZip
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I stand a chance?

Bamf70,

Hi Im new to this whole thing, can you post the GW that you sent off for your Student Loan?  I had 1 loan that got sold 3x over and I finally paid it off but it is showing up 3x on my credit report.

Thanks
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Bamf70,
Hi Im new to this whole thing, can you post the GW that you sent off for your Student Loan? I had 1 loan that got sold 3x over and I finally paid it off but it is showing up 3x on my credit report.
Thanks

Here's what I used.......

U.S. Department of Education
Borrower Services Department
Direct Loan Servicing Center
P.O. Box 5609
Greenville, TX 75403-5609

September 05, 2007

Re: Account # XXX-XX-XXXX-X

Dear Sir/Madam:

After I was medically discharged from my 5 year enlistment in the United States Navy, I attended DeVry Institute of Technology in Addison, IL from July 1994 to June 1997 . I am extremely grateful to the Department of Education for providing me the financial means to earn a Bachelor’s degree and to finally fulfill my dream of becoming the first in my family to graduate from college. I simply can not imagine raising my three children alone without the education that I was able to obtain with your financial assistance. The reason that I am writing is to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to TransUnion, Equifax and Experian credit reporting agencies. I have one late payment on the above referenced account that is from February 2006. I am in the process of applying for a mortgage and your removal of this late payment would assist me in receiving the lowest interest rate possible.

Because of my good payment history since the late payment was reported and the fact that I have since signed up for auto payment, I would like you to consider removing the negative payment from my credit reports. At the time of the late payment, I had just ended a forbearance period but was not ready to restart payments as I had hoped to be. When I checked my account I found that my forbearance had actually ended in December of 2005 and not March 2006 as I had erroneously believed. I immediately applied for a new forbearance which was granted retroactively to January 2006 but the credit reporting for February 2006 had already been made. I say this not to justify why the payment was late, but rather to show that the late payment is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that the Department of Education is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports. I am not trying to minimize my wrongful conduct but just emphasizing that although I was going through a difficult financial period, I still made an effort to stay current with my obligation.

I hope that you will consider my request and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

bamf70
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!.  As far as asset acceptance is concerned, I just paid them off at the end of Sept.  I sent out a letter but haven't heard anything yet.  I'll let you know how it works out.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to help Smiley Happy

I sent my e-mail to the CEO. It seemed to work with NCO for me so hopefully something happens from this one.....
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well The letter WORKED!!!!!!

I pulled through NC this morning and the account is gone from EX an EQ. I saw 0 gain on EX but got a 10 point gain on EQ to 670! If/when this comes off TU I expect to be over the 680 I need for the loan!!!!!
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! wtg!
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, Mr. Bradley's email address wouldn't happen to be his first and last name at assetacceptance.com would it?  Thanks again
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
By the way, Mr. Bradley's email address wouldn't happen to be his first and last name at assetacceptance.com would it? Thanks again

bbradley@assetacceptance.com is what I found for him.

This still isn't off my TU report. I'm guessing since I had it in dispute anyway it might take until the 27th when my dispute was scheduled to be resolved before I see it.....
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's gone so apparently you did stand a chance, huh?

After reading your letter, I wanted to break into the CRA's and delete it myself. Job well done!

Be blessed,

Missy
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.