Re: Fico vs the CRA... Not adding up!

@pizza1 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
really? No one has a possible explanation here for me?

Patience. You know sooner or later someone will give an opinion.

I hope so, because Id really like some sort of an explanation as to the discrepancies between three view report here, and actual  CR.Smiley Sad  Regardless, I sent off some disputes, hoping for a little success. 

What are the dates of the mailed reports?  I only ask as I just got a TU report in the mail today which had been printed 4/9... yo thanks dudes!  5 and change weeks later, seriously?

I've read of some wonkiness regarding FICO having old data compared to base reports but I've never read of FICO having substantially less data than the base report as far as accounts / derogatories go.  If you sent off disputes you should've been able to see the report at least on EQ and I think TU too... if they're still there, and they weren't on the 3B report, personally I'd call FICO customer support and complain as that's busted.

Could be a software bug, could be something in the pull from the bureaus (though multiple missing the data I'm inclined to think bug), I don't have a good explanation for you other than something sounds wonky.

Rev..Thank you so much commenting!!

I checked my reports again as well, and TU and EQ both are dated 4/7 and 4/8 respectively. But regardless, these are IIB accts that have been on my reports since 2012 as derogs. I found it odd that Fico doesnt report those few, but its on the actual credit reports. Plus my addresses have small descrepancies amongest fico reports and actual. so strange!

Anytime!

That sounds odd to me too with your description.  I know sometimes the data parse is a little off, even on tradelines when I've pulled a 3B report so far, and addresses are probably an utter mess.  If it were me I'd be talking to FICO support on it but that may be my obvious fondness for FICO consumer and hopes that they maintain a quality product.  Out of curiosity, what does CK report for your TU/EQ files, are the derogs on there in which case it's something with FICO, or are they not in which case it's likely the bureau and the third party pull?  I do have a discrepancy on my EQ file, it looks fine on the base report, but all the positive payment history is removed both on myFICO's interface and on CK's too on my old BOFA card that had the 30 / 30 / 60 lates on it... figures it'd be the pretty OK's that are missing with my luck!

I was planning to pull a 3B report as soon as my last couple balances update prior to tossing in the mortgage app (assuming I'm still employed by noon tomorrow haha oh well it's just a job) and if I spot anything off will let you know as well.

ETA: oi vey, 11K!  Reading a thread in CC forum earlier there may be something very wrong when my post count is higher than my largest CL Cat Tongue

@Anonymous @ your $11k comment, hahahah..

I dont subscribe to any CM. Im so weird about that, I guess I dont wantthem to have my SSN, so I pay $60 for the 3B every couple months.  I also partly dont have CM because im so overwhelmed with all the different place to subscribe too!! I dont know which one is best. 

Another thing...Since FICO scores you off what they see on the reports, or (their reports),  wonder what my scores would be if those derogs suddenly appreared on the FICO reports that are missing?? would I see a drop?

I'm nearly 100% confident with the way things are setup that the score is the real deal (i.e. scored from the base report that the bureaus have) and the report displayed here is a seperate data parse.

It's an interesting question but given the pricing model involved, it's almost assuredly going through the bureaus with the algorithm license payment going back to FICO business... and it's unlikely that FICO would setup the infrastructure to score a consumer's report on the fly like that for a number of reasons.  Doesn't make sense for a service they're not going to make a tremendous amount of money on, better to just leverage the CRA's infrastructure on it with some negotiated discounted rate for the pull/score.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.