Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Example Letters

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Re: GW Example Letters

Has anyone distinguished an advantage over sending GW letters via Certified Mail versus regular US mail?

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 81 of 87
GentlemanFarmer
New Visitor

Critique request on  GW letter.

I am a disabled veteran and have been a customer of XXXXXXX for many years.  I have always enjoyed my experiences in your stores.  I have also been a XXXXX Card holder for a good number of years.

In 2010, I had to undergo surgery related to an injury I sustained while in the military.  Knowing that I would likely be preoccupied with medical treatments and physical therapy, I made arrangements for the minimum payments to be made by electronic payments through my credit union.

I was unaware that the minimum payments had been increased due to a change in federal laws.  The old minimum payments continued to be paid, however, since I was not aware that the payments increased, the payments were considered late.  This caused me to be reported as being late to the three major credit bureaus.

I made arrangements to get the account in good standing as soon as I became aware of this situation.  I realize that it was my responsibility to keep track of the required payments, however, I hope you realize there were extenuating circumstances and appreciate my efforts at arranging for the automatic payments.

I am requesting a goodwill gesture on your part.  Could you have any negative information from my credit reports for the year 2010 removed?

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Message 82 of 87
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Message 83 of 87
nitrov
Established Contributor

Just got a GW denial from the Chase Credit Services EO stating they confirmed the information was reported correctly and were unable to adjust information as such. Very disheartening. Sending out another letter to the address on the CR, but I'm very sadly discouraged at this point. I'll keep trying Smiley Sad

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 84 of 87
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

Has anyone distinguished an advantage over sending GW letters via Certified Mail versus regular US mail?

None that I am aware of in terms of getting a favorable response.  Certified gives you a delivery confirmation so at least you know they received it.  I would not send a GW letter return receipt requested as it may come off a little hostile.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 85 of 87
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@nitrov wrote:

Just got a GW denial from the Chase Credit Services EO stating they confirmed the information was reported correctly and were unable to adjust information as such. Very disheartening. Sending out another letter to the address on the CR, but I'm very sadly discouraged at this point. I'll keep trying Smiley Sad

Don't get discouraged.  It's typical that the initial response is no.  You should expect to get several negative responses before getting a deletion.  Persistence is definitely key in this game.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 86 of 87
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.