Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW Letters

Has anyone had luck with any of the following companies and GW letters?
If so, who did you address your letter to?

Dietech/GMAC
Navy Federal Credit Union
Countrywide
Lowes

Thanks so much for any imput!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW Letters

I think hearts07 has had success with Countrywide. Regardless - WRITE THOSE LETTERS! All they can do is say no - which is a good reason to write a second, third, fourth letter.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many times have you written letters after they say no?

HSBC gave me a "yes" yesterday.

AES gave me a "no"
ACS gave me a "no"

What do you do after you're denied GW? Please share stories!
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a NO from Countrywide and Chase but I got a yes from BOA and a partial removal of some lates from Discover even though they said NO.  If I get a No I write another one and explain why they should reconsider.  Still waiting to hear from the second attempt.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFNNB - Said NO to remove 30 and 60 day mark. (I haven't re-GW'ed it yet)
Macys - Said NO to remove adverse marks on my reports, However, EX updated to "Never/Closed" instead of "Chargeoff/Collections." (waiting on EQ and TU hopefully to do the same)
Direct Loans - Flat out NO to a 60 day late mark, I even cried on the phone when i called to reconsider.

Just GW'ed 3 closed Citi Chargeoffs. Let's see if I have any luck with them.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received No's from the following companies:

Suntech Student Loans
GreenTree (mortgage company)
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh, you know what sounds like a good idea...

A while ago I suggested an ongoing post about which companies have given GW love but was quickly shot down.  I think if I came from one of the "stars" on the board it would have happened. 

I mean, it is fun to hear everyone's war stories, but a post listing GW love (and no love) companies would be very helpful.  If I start it, it'll get shut down, but I bet one of the "stars" could get it started.   Takers?
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gosh, you know what sounds like a good idea...

ALEXREDD wrote:
A while ago I suggested an ongoing post about which companies have given GW love but was quickly shot down.  I think if I came from one of the "stars" on the board it would have happened. 

I mean, it is fun to hear everyone's war stories, but a post listing GW love (and no love) companies would be very helpful.  If I start it, it'll get shut down, but I bet one of the "stars" could get it started.   Takers?

I think that's a great idea.  Why didn't anybody do it?
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

ALEXREDD wrote:

Since Im a star Smiley Very Happy I'll start one.  To be honest I think the reason why there isn't one is the simple fact is while there are many examples of them working they arn't accepted 100% of the time.  The point is to get people to write them and hope not give up before you even start because of what happened to someone else.  I sent three myself and was lucky enough they were all accepted yet someone tomorrow could send them to the same companies I did and get rejected.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great idea I for one would love it.  Supplying names of companies and contact people would be very helpful.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.