Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP ! Calling all brains!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP ! Calling all brains!

Oh, this ones a doozy!

Ok, I have Equifax Complete, paying $14.95/mo for it. Have had it for two months - really liked it.

So, in November, hubby decides he's going to get it too, fine by me. Well, when he submits his info, it say's he already has an account and to log into it to finalize the purchase - it's bringing him to my log in info. He does it again, thinking he made a mistake somewhere - it brings him to my log in again, saying he needs to login with the information they have on file. So he does, thinking, ok, we have the same address and last name, maybe they do another monitoring product on the same account.

Big error pops up, and says that he cannot log in, and to contact customer service. After he tells me, I try to log into my account and it say's I can't access my account  and to contact customer service.

3 times I've called them, and each time, they tell me I don't have an account with them, there is nothing on file under my name, social security #, email address, or even the confirmation # off of the receipt for ordering the service. But I'm still getting charged. I can't cancel it - which is what I want to do, because they say I don't exist, yet they can keep charging me, and yet don't show any records of them charging me.

What do I do? I've got a lengthy email sitting in my draft box ready to fire at them demanding that they cancel the service and stop charging me, and refund this months charge since I haven't been able to access my account since November.

Anyone? Please! I need to know what I can do, say, or heck, even threaten to get them to fix this.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: HELP ! Calling all brains!

Ah, the famous Equifax customer service strikes again.

Are you calling 1-866-640-CARE (1-866-640-2273)? This used to be a better phone number, for those who have accounts with Equifax (even if Equifax doesn't believe it.)

I can't find a fax number for them, but if you can get a human on the phone, ask if you can fax in something from them (e-mails, copy of earlier report, etc.), showing that you had an account.

I guess maybe they somehow moved your hubby's info over to yours, so now you don't exist.

Just to be sure, are you certain that the reports that you were able to get for a while were actually yours, and not your husband's?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that's the number I've called goes straight overseas...

I'm positive it's mine, he didn't have one, and never completed what he was trying to do - even if he did, he did it through my log in so ergo, I would still be able to log into someones account and get them to close it.

This is so frustrating, I sent off the email - received the claim number for it. Who knows if anything is going to happen with this...

Message 3 of 5
chasmith
Valued Contributor

While working this out, dispute their charges in writing to your credit card company.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you chasmith, that's a good idea~

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.