Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Inquiry TransUnion without consent

tag
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

Re: Hard Inquiry TransUnion without consent

wamcom,  you said you followed the process above. Does these meen you sent a letter both to TU and to the FTC? Or you just faxed your police report with a request to have it removed? 

Can you give a little more details how you did it please?  Thanks

Starting Score: 590
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
wamcon
Valued Member

I put a fraud alert on my credit file with Transunion, filed a police report, faxed it to the fraud dept at Transunion with a statement that Transunion provided a full credit file to an entity I did not give them permission to provide and that i disputed giving such permission. I stated I wanted proof that this company did have my permission. A few days ago, it was removed and I received a letter from Transunion that my dispute was resolved and the inquiry removed.

Starting Score: 552 Nov 2010
Current Score: 681 Mar 20113
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
wamcon
Valued Member

In my disputed I stated I would report it to the FTC if it was not removed but I think the police report made it serious enough.

Starting Score: 552 Nov 2010
Current Score: 681 Mar 20113
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

Thanks Wamcom, thats good info. I did sort of the same thing but without the threats and it was pretty generic. I will use your method and try again. 

Message 14 of 15
johnnypinaz
New Contributor

OK, out of nowhere this morning I just checked and all 17 inquiries were removed.

It did take almost 30 days. I think the point at which it changed is when I called into a supervisor and informed her I know what the laws are and what they are doing is wrong. Even though she said they would absoloutely not remove them they did.

Thanks everyone for the good info, it kept me from giving up.  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.