Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with CA

Ok here is the situation I have, just checked my fico score and a Anderson Fin/Bloom credit agency has bought an old debt of mine. It was an old old phone number that was left in my name from college. This CA has just showed up and killed my score and I am shortly buying (trying) to buy a house, the date of last activity is July/02, has this run out os SOL or should I offer to PFD? please help.

dates listed on account:
date last active: 2002
date assigned: 2004
date reported: 2007

in GA
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Help with CA

I believe phones fall under open accounts and SOL for GA is 4 years. Unless you have made a payment, with a written acknowledgment that you owe the debt, the SOL does not restart. It goes by day of default, not day of last payment.

With that said, this would be beyond SOL by several years. I am not sure which would be better, to send a DV CMRRR to the CA or send a beyond SOL.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 04-22-2008 09:25 AM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a fairly recent copy of my report at home but I do not remember this account, I will verify SOL drop date. If this is a legit date and I do owe should I offer  PFD?
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Do not confuse SOL with the time an item stays on your report. Baddies fall off 7 years from DOFD in your state. According to the provided info, this will be on your report until Jul 09. SOL is the time in which you can be sued and they can win.

You could wait out the 1 1/2 years or you could do a PFD.

These are my opinions, others may feel differently.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 04-22-2008 09:48 AM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't even send a letter, just got a alert from myfico, I thought it was past SOL, but I guess not.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.