Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeowners Insur Sky High after credit check

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homeowners Insur Sky High after credit check

Anybody have their homeowner's insurance go up after they check your credit scores? This happened to us the first of the year. Figured our scores must be pretty bad. It went up almost 50%. Checked recently and they only checked DH TU score which is both of our worst scores.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: Homeowners Insur Sky High after credit check

yes this happened to me that's why I am feverishly fixing my credit so when I'm up for renewal in dec. I can get a better rate.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah mine went up 50 bones a month =(
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Move to California...in this state using credit scores to determine insurance rates is illegal.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never heard of this. You mean your ins. co can just decide at any time to pull your credit and charge you more? Don't they need your permission?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our insur guy said that all insur co.s  are going to be doing this. Maybe he said that so we wouldn't go with another co. We're in IL.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ask for permission to use your scores to decide your premiums?.  I know I received a letter trying to encourage me to let my ins. co. pull my scores to determine my pemium. I didn't bother to reply because I don't want to open up that can of worms. And this was earlier this year.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.