cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Get the Credit Bureaus to Verify False Information?

tag
dab54321

How Do I Get the Credit Bureaus to Verify False Information?

I am relatively new to these Boards but am desperate for guidance and direction. I have an issue disputed due to inaccuracy. While Experian promptly removed a withdrawn tax lien from my report, Equifax first reported my only tax lien as two separate liens, one with a missing zero in the amount. I obtained certified copies of the only existing lien from the County recorder and sent a faxed dispute with the certified copies to Experian. Equifax sent a written reply stating it had duplicated the lien and corrected the situation, leaving the lien with the wrong amount as correct. Again I disputed requesting that the County Recorder records be reviewed since my only lien is now identified as withdrawn. Equifax now tells me that it has sent someone to personally review the County Records, an impossibility since I have full copies of everything in my name.

HELP me please.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Do I Get the Credit Bureaus to Verify False Information?

Hi dab54321 & welcome!!!

When you say that the tax lien was "withdrawn", do you mean that it was "released" (paid & updated as such), or do you mean it was "vacated" (completely removed due to being filed in error, etc..)? Also, on Equifax, does the lien still report as "unpaid", along with the issue of it being reported with the wrong amount?

Message 2 of 3
dab54321

Re: How Do I Get the Credit Bureaus to Verify False Information?

The IRS filed/ recorded a release in 2009 and a Notice of Withdrawal in 2011. This is a new part of the tax code. Does that help?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.