littlepriest01

How often do you pull?

How often do you all pull?

I'm paying off over 50% of my revolving credit today, and know that I'm going to want to check the scores frequently. I don't necessarily want to pay to pull my FICO everyday, so what other services do you use to check your credit inbetween fico pulls?

Thanks

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Re: How often do you pull?

[ Edited ]

Hello!  Welcome to the MyFico Community Forums!

Our moderator, Ilecs, has posted a wonderful guide which outlines the various Credit Monitoring Services available.

The guide can be found below:

Credit Monitoring Service Guide  by  Ilecs.

Feel free to read the above guide which may help you to explore options.

I personally have used various services in the past, and have found several of the services mentioned within the thread to be helpful for my situation.

In the past I have pulled my reports daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly... It all depends on the changes I'm expecting.  Some services allow multiple (even daily) pulls for one price.

Best of luck to you!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Roarmeister

[ Edited ]

I paid for a 1-year subscription to Equifax for unlimited pulls on my score and credit report.  It paid for itself after 7 pulls!  I currently have pulled 26x averaging 1 per week.  I did this for educational purposes and will likely discontinue after this year and go back to occassional pulls.  I wanted to diagnose what effect my balance, # of iquiries and utilization %, and total credit lines have on my score.  To say the least it has been an education.  :smileyhappy:

The side benefit is that it helps to curb the credit usage by keeping it ever present in my mind. :smileyhappy:

AMEX_PlatinumBMOWorldMCCapOnePlatinumMBNA_Platinum+ScotiaMomentum
____$25k_______$20k_______$20k_______$25k_______$25k____
Starting Score: 676 Feb 2008; Current Score: 788 EQ, 814 TU, October 2014; Goal Score: 800 by end of year Oldest Account reported by EQ: 12 years; EQ AAoA: 5.6 years; EQ Credit Utilization: 3.5%
Regular Contributor
lexandra90

I have a montly membership with all 3 of the bureaus and I pull weekly. I'm in the process of gardening and waiting until the piad baddies fall of, my aaoa ages and my inqs age and others fall off. I like the rush of seeing good changes to my reports :smileyhappy:

Equifax Fico 685 Transunion Fico 676 Experian Fico 678 (10/2014)
credit: NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Siggy $10k| NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Siggy $5k| Cap One QS $3.5k| US Bank Visa Plat. $1k| VS $1k| PayPal Credit $537| Cap One Classic Plat. $500

Gardening until 7/2015 :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
blondy250

I pull myFico once a quater, and use CK for the free pull and monitoring. Of couse disregard CK score because its generally meaningless, but can useful to see where your trending.

MyFico 4/18/14
Experian-820, Equifax-834, Transunion (Discover)--850-- 7/6/14
Aaoa-9yrs, Oldest-14yrs
1 inquiry equifax 04 Chase mortgage
"Because your FICO® score is exceptionally high, there are no actionable negative factors present with your score".

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}