dragonvn

How to increase my TransUnion Credit Score?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm trying to prepare my package to apply for a mortgage, either now or within a year from now. Currently, my Equifax score is 701 and TransUnion 677. I do not have my recent Experian Score. The above scores are from myfico.com. When I compare the accounts listed on 2 reports, all the accounts are almost the same. On both reports, I have a 30 day late payment on a Toyota auto loan from August 2009. The only other negative account is BofA 2nd mortgage which was a joint account with my Spouse and it was "modified under a government plan". That's correct and that's how it listed on Equifax along with A 90+ days since April 2011. OnTransUnion, it listed as 120+ days late since March 2011 with no statement regarding the modification.

Currently I have 2 credit cards (AMEX & Chase) which have been  always current with balance < 30%. My mortgage payment is $107. My 3 auto loan accounts ( I co-sign with my spouse and sister on 2) are for s total of $1,410. My name is not on the first mortgage, only my spouse is. So my current DTI is only 15-16%.

What can I do to increase my Transunion and overall credit scores? I would like my scores to be 680-720 by the time I apply, if possible.

Established Contributor
jamie123

Re: How to increase my TransUnion Credit Score?

[ Edited ]

You need to get your credit card balances paid down. You need to have one card reporting less than 9% of the total of your credit card credit lines. One card MUST report a zero balance.

Utilization of credit cards plays a huge part in maximizing your scores.

What are the balances and credit lines for your 2 credit cards?

Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 680 9/23/13
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+