Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries

tag
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Inquiries

On May 23rd, I signed up for cingular wireless. During that time, my credit score was 679, however after the inquiry, my score dropped to 667. But then, I accpeted a sales position with sprint pcs last week. So I decided to switch from Cingular to Sprint PCS so I could get the employee plan. But now my score has dropped from 667 to 642. Is there anyway I can remove the inquiry and have my score jump back up?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Inquiries

Nope... sounds like they Inq had PP. However, I find it hard to believe that two Inqs would cost you 37 pts. Did anything else on yoru reports change?
Message 2 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Nothing. Just those 2 inquries from June 23 until today dropped me from 679 to 642. I'm quite mad and I'm not even trying to seek more credit. All I wanted to do is switch over my cingular plan to Sprint.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Chopbrocoli wrote:
Nothing. Just those 2 inquries from June 23 until today dropped me from 679 to 642. I'm quite mad and I'm not even trying to seek more credit. All I wanted to do is switch over my cingular plan to Sprint.

Did both companies inform you they would pull your credit?  Did you agree to this?
Message 4 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Are you 100% sure nothing else changed?????
Message 5 of 8
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

I'm very sure. I pulled my Experian report and shows no inquiries...my score for that one is 713. However the equifax score on myfico shows 646...There is no records of any rececent activity of opened accounts or etc.... except for those 2 inquiries. You think there is a problem wioth that image??
Message 6 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Chopbrocoli wrote:
I'm very sure. I pulled my Experian report and shows no inquiries...my score for that one is 713. However the equifax score on myfico shows 646...There is no records of any rececent activity of opened accounts or etc.... except for those 2 inquiries. You think there is a problem wioth that image??

It just doesn't seem right that two Inqs costed you this many pts.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

Chopbrocoli wrote:

It just doesn't seem right that two Inqs costed you this many pts.

Did you make sure a credit card isn't reporting a higher balance than before?  Or perhaps you have very few TL's - in which case an inquiry might hurt you more than it otherwise would.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.