Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid Life Crises

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid Life Crises

Middle aged man excellent credit until 5 years ago due to medical bills (Both mine & Wife). Long story short she divorced, house foreclosed and we filed bankruptcy. I'm at 627 less than a year later with very steady job. Where to go from here? The quicker the better, anybody?  
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Mid Life Crises

Welcome to the forums!

The first place to start is by getting a free copy of each report here https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp.  Go over them carefully. 

Post all the accounts you may have questions about.  Some one will look at them and give adviced based on what they find.

You have to start somewhere at here is the best place for that.

Message 2 of 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

I'm in a similar situation except I managed to keep the house and avoided bankruptcy. The trade off is I now have huge debt. I did this since I have a young son and wanted to keep as much the same as possible. Hard to believe that one woman could do enough damage to bring my net worth at age 57 to less than what it was at age 22.

I hope you have at least got your divorce done so that you know where you are and can start rebuilding.

My understanding is that bankruptcy should have damaged your credit far beyond 627 FICO. Are you sure that is correct?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It would depend on a number of things, including what the score was before the BK.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.