New Visitor
shireese

Options to Credit card debt

I have a pretty low balance on my credit card but, I'm having difficulty paying all of my bills due to a recent break-up and ending up paying more rent than I can afford along with all of my other bills. I was thinking about borrowing about $2,500 from my TSP saving which is like a 401k to pay off some of my bills, is this a bad ideal? I have no money in my saving at all and I feel overwhelmed. I have enough money to pay all my bills and that is it, I have no money left over. I need some help!
Regular Contributor
MM1234

If you can take out a small amount and maybe only pay som...

If you can take out a small amount and maybe only pay some small fees it may be worth it rather than risking not paying your CCards. Taking out a loan from that should not show up on your CR if its indeed like a 401k.
Established Member
babygirl

I agree

One good thing about usng the TSP money is the low repayment interest rate.  It will definitely benefit you to borrow from your TSP.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+