Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help!

I need help with two questions:

First, my husband has a low score because of many reasons, but in part because of short length of account average and not a lot of credit history.  I have heard that if I add him onto credit cards that I have that have both good payment histories and long account life (for example, his average account 'age' is 4 years, and I have accounts that were opened 10 years ago), it will show on his report when the account was opened (10 years ago) and not when he became part of the account (now).  Is this true?  I don't want to add him and lower his score by inquiries or showing as a new credit account.  I would appreciate guidance!

Also, last fall I was sitting at a red light and was hit by a girl that was text messaging while driving (got to love that)!  She was obviously at fault, both cars were a total loss, and I signed the car over to her insurance company in December of 2008.  Fast forward to June of 2009, the insurance company finally paid the lien holder.  The account has been paid if full (Insurance, warranty refund and GAP insurance).  It is showing on my credit report that I was 200 days delinquent on my car payment.  I have electronically disputed this, but was wondering what else I could do?  I haven't heard back yet, but haven't had much luck in the past and would like to be proactive and get resolved quickly!  I have all of the legal documentation to support my claim, so I figured I should send a hard copy/letter to the credit agencies.  Has this happened to anyone else and were you able to get it off your report?  How?  Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Please Help!

Please refrain from posting multiple times with the same post. Locking this thread to direct others to your post here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&message.id=84802#M84802

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.