Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question re: credit report

On  my Equifax credit report, two of my only collections show up under the accounts section, but not in the collection section.  One is PIF, the other has a past due balance of $487, and marked as 90 days late twice.  I have requested a PFD several times, being denied each time.  Should I PIF and ask for the 90 day lates to be removed.. What do you think?  I am thinking the past due balance of $487 is really hurting my credit score.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re: credit report

How old are the collections? And do you know who actually owns the account? OC or CA?

If you PIF the one collection, please do not assume that if you GW at a later date that they will remove the baddie. Once you pay them, you have lost your negotiating position.

IMO, I would keep sending them PIF letters. But that's just me.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 11-26-2007 09:40 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unsure whether or not this would make a difference, but it isn't listed as a collection.  It is listed as a normal tradeline, and is $487 past due on the account.  I was assuming, that the $487 paid would make a huge difference?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.