Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Charge-Offs Monthly

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting Charge-Offs Monthly

Usually I am the search QUEEN but I just couldn't find my answer, so I broke down and here I am.

Isn't a charge-off a one time event? My sister has a CC charge-off reporting Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr of 2005.

My friend has a current collection that is reporting as a charge-off every month since Oct 2006 through March 2008.

Am I wrong, or are they?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Reporting Charge-Offs Monthly

Mine was like that too.  It's like every month they're saying "yup...I'm still a co".  Not to mention that it also has to scream the same in the "status" section.  Smiley Mad
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question... I just filed a new dispute with Experian and i disputed the accounts that were doing that. I'll let you know what it comes back as.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! If you could PM with me with that info, I would appreciate it. I'll probably miss it if you post it here.
Message 4 of 6
Mythic850
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! If you could PM with me with that info, I would appreciate it. I'll probably miss it if you post it here.

But, PLEASE post it here as well. I have the same situation. CO reporting in Aug 07 and again in Mar 08. They refused to PFD, but were willing to notate account as "pays as agreed". When I paid, they updated to "Paid Collection/Was A Charge off" and added another CO notation for the month I paid. Equifax is seeing this not only as a second charge off, put also shows it as my most recent missed payment (the real most recent missed is back in 3/06). It's quite infuriating.

They took my money and didn't honor the agreement yet. The PFD was arranged by my lawyer and she's going after them to force them to honor the settlement agreement. Stupid public utility.

Disputing it with the 3 CRAs resulted in "verified and updated". Seems like they don't even read the stuff you send. In the meantime, I would like to get rid of the second chargeoff.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries.. I'll post here and send out the PM. This is my second round of disputes with Experian so i'll keep ya'll posted. I've gotten my score from 490 or so to about 592 in one month so i'll take it for now, but it would be nice to get the extra CO's taken off and see a score jump.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.