cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested oc to verify they sent me settlment offer ................

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Requested oc to verify they sent me settlment offer ................

They tend not to respond to threats most of the time. Collect enough violations, an ITS letter, maybe ya even have to file in small claims (which you can do yourself with relative ease), but then your terms for settlement have gone up in price.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

gwennieb wrote:
I sent a letter requesting verification or validation on a account that is appearing on my credit report from Aug 2000 for applied card bank . They reported this account as a name different than mine to the credit reporting agency then updated there information with the correct name after they received my letter they responded to my letter with two letters one from a collection agency offering settlement in two payments and the other a letter on there letter head stating that I must be working with a credit repair agency and it would be best for me to pay them and not a repair agency they offered settlement on the account and stated they were considering the dispute frivolous...... can they do that ? is this a violation of the fcra any info on this would be appreciated

G

Since this account was originally reported in a name other than your own, I would disoute it with the FTC send a letter to the BBB.  The collector has not right to refuse to dispute it whether or not you are involcved in a payment plan.  Disouote it through the credit bureas as well.  Seems like this may be a bait and switch unless of course you had an account with them.

Whther or not you are working with a credit repair agency does not give them the right to report inaccurate information.  I would forward a copy of their letter with any escalation I decided to undertake.

Message 12 of 14
gwennieb
Established Member

It has been awhile but just wanted to post outcome the threat worked account deleted Smiley Wink 
Message 13 of 14
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Good for you!  Wish me the same luck with Calvary.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.