Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoring question-edited

tag
Prettybg
Contributor

Scoring question-edited

Hello all,

I have a question about having different scores reporting and I don't understand why.

I used trusted id credit and protection service offered thru aarp (I'm on my moms family credit and score monitoring account). I pulled my scores from them on 1/9/14 which gave me: 

TU:662

EQ:649

EX:632

Then I went on Walmart to check my score and it says:

TU:681 (1/3/14)

walmart uses TU to get the score but my question is, which scores do I believe? Also on walmarts report it says that my score is affected because I have a serious delinquency on my report over 60 days which is from 1/2010 for my student loan, my loan has never been late since then, should I try to ask AES to remove it as a courtesy or do they not do that? Sorry to sound dumb but I'm just trying to figure this credit scoring thing out. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Trumark signature visa 20K, Nfcu signature visa 15K, Lowes 10K, Care Credit 9K, Old Navy Visa 5K, Walmart 4K, Lord and Taylor 4K, Amex Everyday 2K, Capitol One QS 1,800, Capitol One QS 1K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scoring question

Welcome to the forum.  Unfortunately, your images are not showing but I can still give you some assistance. 

Trusted ID does not provide a true FICO but a FAKO score.  Walmart  provides a FICO based on TU08. 

Derogs of 120 days or more are considered major and they will impact your score longer than 30-60 day lates.  You may ask the creditor to remove the delinquency but they are not obligated to change the reporting.  For more information and examples of GW letters, take a look in our Rebuilding Forum. 

Message 2 of 6
Prettybg
Contributor

Re: Scoring question

Thanks for your reply. 

Trumark signature visa 20K, Nfcu signature visa 15K, Lowes 10K, Care Credit 9K, Old Navy Visa 5K, Walmart 4K, Lord and Taylor 4K, Amex Everyday 2K, Capitol One QS 1,800, Capitol One QS 1K
Message 3 of 6
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scoring question-edited

Read this to broaden your perspective on scores: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-version...

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Prettybg wrote:

walmart uses TU to get the score but my question is, which scores do I believe?

You can believe both but the Trusted score, as pointed out above, is a FAKO and no creditor uses it to make an approval decision.  Whether or not a creditor uses the FICO model that Walmart provides depends on the creditor.  First of all, FICO has a number of different models that creditors use that can result in varying scores.  Second, not all creditors rely on Trans Union.

@Prettybg wrote:

should I try to ask AES to remove it as a courtesy or do they not do that?

Never know unless you try.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.