Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I DV or complaint to FTC?

tag
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Should I DV or complaint to FTC?

Well, after rounds with Calvary Portfolio upper level management about misreporting, trying to charge me over after PIF, etc.  This is the last response I got.  Someone tell me what you think I should do next since they obviously can't come up with the required info and refuse to delete.  This will take a little time to read...

Dear Ms. Me:

Mr. XXX is out of the office and I am responding in his absence.  I apologize for any delay in response.  The delay was caused in part by the time needed to fully investigate the issues raised in your e-mail.

Cavalry sent its initial written communication to your home address on 2005.  The initial written communication contained all the disclosures required under federal and state law, including the FDCPA. The mail was not returned to Cavalry as undeliverable.

The original creditor provided Cavalry the interest rate charged on your debt.  Moreover, you signed an agreement, dated  2005, agreeing to a payment plan which included the 7% interest rate.  I attach a copy of the agreement for your reference.

Interest accrued at the contractual rate of 7% interest from the time of charge-off of your debt by the original creditor through the time when you completed your payments.  You were not charged more than 7% interest during this time.  Cavalry did not charge "more than $100" per month in interest, as you claim below.

The XXX law firm has informed us that the XX charge you refer to below was not a late fee, but interest on your debt.

Your debt is now regarded by Cavalry as paid in full. Cavalry has notified the credit bureaus of the paid status of your debt.

Cavalry strives to achieve a high level of courtesy and professionalism from each of its employees and I apologize if you feel you were not treated well by Cavalry staff.

I hope this response addresses your concerns.

XXXX
General Counsel
Cavalry Portfolio Services, LLC

This communication is from a debt collector.

Dear Mr. XXX,

Please forgive me for my own delay in responding.  I have been quite
busy and unable to get back to my computer.  You state that Calvary sent
a letter to my home address on 2005.  I assume that you have a copy
of that as well since I reiterate I did not receive anything from Calvary directly.  You also state "The  law firm has informed us that the $XX charge you refer to below was not a late fee, but interest on your debt."  Please look at the attached copy of my account with law firm and tell me where you or law firm get that total, because I am unable to find that amount anywhere at all on the statement.  And I am confused as to how you say law firm gave you that information when there is no documentation by law firm of that charge.

I do agree that I signed that agreement with law firm.  I also have attached a copy of one of my credit reports that you may look at. The issues I have been bringing to your attention are highlighted and bolded. If I was charged a 7% interest rate from the time of charge-off from the original creditor, then please show me proof of all charges from the $XX account balance that you have so that I can see exactly where it went from $XX to the $XX within four months when law firm opened the collection.  A jump of $622 in four months goes way beyond a 7% interest. Given 622 divided by four months comes up with $155.50 per month that I was charged above the original $XX.  "Cavalry did not charge 'more than $100' per month in interest, as you claim below." was your statement, yet you did not validate where this additional cost then must have came from.

I appreciate your apology for your employee's performance, though. Your upper-level staff have been much more conscientious of their responses including yourself.  I thank you for your time and look forward to your response.

Sincerely,
Me

Dear Ms. XXX:

I suggest you contact law firm for an explanation about the $XX, as you were paying per arrangement with them.

As I mentioned, this debt is paid.  You should contact the credit bureaus if you have questions about your credit bureau report.

Dear Mr. xxx

Thank you for your quick reply, however law firm is not the one reporting
the collection to the credit bureaus so thereby are not the ones responsible
for validating information for the account from the issues I raised.  Nor are they the ones required to validate from the time you purchased it until they received the assignment from your firm.  law firm is also not responsible for the misreporting and inaccurate information that was verified after disputing through the credit bureaus.

Thank you for your time.  I will deal with this in a different way.

Sincerely,
Me
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I DV or complaint to FTC?

Anyone?
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I DV or complaint to FTC?

If im guessing right...you PIF and Calvary is reporting inaccurate info.?  Seeing as you have written several times....I would write to the FTC....and start at the beginning & send all letters to & from them.
Mail everything CMRRR
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.