New Visitor
nicole65

Transferring Credit Line (NOT a balance transfer)

I've looked all over the internet for information on this topic and have come up pretty empty handed. I currently have two credit cards with Chase and two credit cards with BoA, with both companies I have one card that I never use. I want to transfer my credit lines over to the cards that I do use, and close the cards that I don't use. I haven't been able to find anything online about potential credit score repercussions on this. I'm sure it'll ding my score by a bit, but not a lot right? If my total overall credit limit amounts aren't changing, then it shouldn't affect anything too badly, right?

I have good credit, close to 800 last time I checked (last summer), and don't plan on trying to apply for any new lines of credit in the near future, but things may come up and I just want to try and get an understanding of how this may affect me before I go about it.

One thing I need to check into is the length of time I've had these accounts, the one Chase card that I want to close may be my longest standing credit card, but I've heard that if you have other cards open for at least 7 years this shouldn't matter?

Thanks for any input!!

lizkaelin

Re: Transferring Credit Line (NOT a balance transfer)

The only CC company that I know of that allowed you to consolidate credit lines was American Express, and this ended about a 18 months ago. I don't believe either of those companies will allow you to move your limits around.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}