cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW! CREDIT KARMA HAS STEPPED IT UP! BIG!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WOW! CREDIT KARMA HAS STEPPED IT UP! BIG!

Thanks, that worked!

My Original Recipe CK TU (New Accounts) score is 704, my Extra Crispy CK TU (VantageScore 3.0) is 727, and my new CK EQ score is 730.

Gotta love that 20 point difference.

ETA: Just in case anyone is curious, it looks like you are permanently switched to the beta site once you use that link.

Message 81 of 92
Glastium
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Try this link for the new beta version.  This apparently is from their FB and it's working for many people

http://bit.ly/1y1Xprc

Thanks for the link! It's working.

While on the less brighter side: I only got ~660 on the new 3.0 model. Was having ~750 on the 2.0 model. Gotta love the hammer on my score ;P

Tentative Barclaycard Ring | Citi Prestige | FNBO Jeep | Comenity Orbitz | Citi Expedia+ | US Bank Club Carlson | BofA Travel Rewards | Huntington Voice | Chase Hyatt | AmEx Platinum
Scores EX08: 716 as of 01/19/2015 | TU08: 720 as of 01/12/2015 | AAoA: 4 months as of 01/2015
Message 82 of 92
nyancat
Established Contributor

Well, the good news I can now see my Equifax is accurate (since they refuse to provide me my annual report, like they refuse MANY others online - they claim it's identity verification, but I answer the questions right - they're just a horrible company that blatantly ignores the law - and they happily have verified my identity for OTHER companies. Even for a trial of their paid service, LOL).

The bad news is that I hope this doesn't destroy peoples' Equifax reports, it's well known that Equifax has MAJOR database problems they couldn't be bothered to fix (maybe even benefit from being broken?) and that even checking your Equifax report risks breaking it and deleting your credit history.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 83 of 92
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nyancat wrote:

Well, the good news I can now see my Equifax is accurate (since they refuse to provide me my annual report, like they refuse MANY others online - they claim it's identity verification, but I answer the questions right - they're just a horrible company that blatantly ignores the law - and they happily have verified my identity for OTHER companies. Even for a trial of their paid service, LOL).

The bad news is that I hope this doesn't destroy peoples' Equifax reports, it's well known that Equifax has MAJOR database problems they couldn't be bothered to fix (maybe even benefit from being broken?) and that even checking your Equifax report risks breaking it and deleting your credit history.

I ain't skeered!

Most of the reports I've seen of split files were triggered from multiple daily pullers: one soft inquiry a week is an order of magnitude less.  Yup, EQ has it's issues, but I don't think this will be one of them.  Also it's not permanently gone, it's just misplaced for a bit and have to work a bit to get it addressed.

On the plus side if the whole swath of CK users suddenly had issues, it'd put a bright shining light in the national media on EQ to go fix that crap.  Incidently TU's database had similar issues and CK's never broken that.

        
Message 84 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

That link worked for me.  I got all excited to the point I made my husband come downstairs just to look at my scores.  Then I realzed it is vantage scores iinstead of fico/fako stores.  Now I am really depressed!! *sigh*  Aren't vantage scores worthless??  The fako scores at least were very close to myfico scores.

Message 85 of 92
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That link worked for me.  I got all excited to the point I made my husband come downstairs just to look at my scores.  Then I realzed it is vantage scores iinstead of fico/fako stores.  Now I am really depressed!! *sigh*  Aren't vantage scores worthless??  The fako scores at least were very close to myfico scores.

For me, it's definitely MORE different from my FICO than the old score (TransUnion FICO from Discover: 769, VantageScore 3.0 on TransUnion from Credit Karma: 803). BUT, I appreciate the VantageScore far more. Barclay's and Discover both give out the REAL FICO for free, so the old score no one used meant nothing to me. VantageScore is the second most used scoring model by banks after FICO (granted, that's a huge cliff from first to second place). Still, it gives me more real, acutal, unique data banks use. The old score meant nothing.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 86 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link. It worked.Smiley Happy

Message 87 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 813 on both of mine.  Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 92
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Aren't vantage scores worthless?

Depends on whether or not the creditor you're applying with uses VantageScore or not..

@Anonymous wrote:

The fako scores at least were very close to myfico scores.

That was coincidental.  Don't assume causality (see my comments below about scoring models).

@nyancat wrote:

Barclay's and Discover both give out the REAL FICO for free

Keep in mind that there isn't one "real" FICO.  There are a number of FICO models used by creditors.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.

@nyancat wrote:

VantageScore is the second most used scoring model by banks after FICO (granted, that's a huge cliff from first to second place). Still, it gives me more real, acutal, unique data banks use. The old score meant nothing.

That sort of claim is stated but good lucking finding out who the creditors are that solely rely on VantageScore 3.0.  A score is only meaningful if a creditor actually uses in making the credit decision on your app.  The same issue exists with FICO's as well.  FICO 08 may be commonly used but it doesn't mean anything if the creditor uses an entirely different FICO model.

Never rely on a scoring model to determine a score generated by an entirely different model regardless of whether the scores are FAKO's or FICO's.  You should expect different algorithms to produce different results.

Message 89 of 92
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

VantageScore is the second most used scoring model by banks after FICO (granted, that's a huge cliff from first to second place). Still, it gives me more real, acutal, unique data banks use. The old score meant nothing.

I am curious where you are getting that statement from and what proof/documentation there is of that statement.  I hear more of the use of the 04 model for mortgages and 08 model for CC's.  so where exactly are you seeing and documenting that Vantage is the second most used scoring model.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 90 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.