Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the minimum score...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the minimum score...

My FICO's run in the very top 600's and very low 700's, but I must say, there have been a ton of folks that have helped me out in learning how to better my credit and dispute items from my BK. 

I think the difference is that there may be people who just recently went through a BK and are already working on their scores that may already have a pretty good handle on how to work through the process. I, on the other hand, ignored my scores after my BK and just dealt in cash mostly and now 6 years later, I am trying to clean up the last little bits.  If I had started all this years ago, I would probably have a better idea of what does and doesn't work. 

I would encourage everyone to share whatever particular knowledge they may have. You never know when someone else out there may be having the same problem that you have already dealt with.
Message 11 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

rifleman wrote:
...That you need for people to stop thinking you need advice?
 I've also noticed when someone mentions their scores are not super low or low people aren't as interested in talking.

OK, so I have just been in an active thread from someone who has scores over 800 and a $75,000 total CL.

So I guess the answer really is "over 825-830"   Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say any credit score under 650 is something that should be urgently addressed, as it is likely exerting a parasitic drag on the holder's financial life in the form of higher deposits for services, denied loans, tougher credit terms, higher rates for insurance in many states, and so forth.

From 650 to 720, I think a user should take action in case he or she needs to obtain a loan, or gets to be in the market for a home.

Above 720 to 740, one approaches the asymptote for the credit score vs. interest rate curve. Other than geekery or snob appeal, there is little practical benefit to a score over 775 or so.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.