Reply
Established Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎04-09-2013
0

Where to get Equifax scores for free?

[ Edited ]

EDIT: I'm looking for a website like Credit Karma and Credit Sesame. Is there a website that uses data from Equifax instead of Experian or TransUnion?

 

It doesn't seem like there is one that uses Equifax but if there is, please share!

Moderator
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

The scores you are getting from EX and CK are not FICO scores and are pretty much useless.

 

Same with EQ.  Even if there was a place to get it for free, which I am not sure of, it would not be a real FICO score.

Established Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎04-09-2013
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?


guiness56 wrote:

The scores you are getting from EX and CK are not FICO scores and are pretty much useless.

 

Same with EQ.  Even if there was a place to get it for free, which I am not sure of, it would not be a real FICO score.


Thanks for the reply but nowhere in my post I stated that I'm getting FICO scores from these and services offered by Experian is nothing but useless. I use free websites to double check various information and I'm very far from a credit newbie :smileyhappy:

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 640
Registered: ‎11-20-2012
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

[ Edited ]

Why would you want a FAKO score, then? I'm puzzled. I could see wanting access to report information and/or changes, like CK and CS. But a score that is not used by lenders and serves no real purpose seems an odd request for a non-newbie.

 

You could try Quizzle, but it only updates every six months. And it is also non-FICO, so there's that.

Moderator
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

From your post I had no idea your weren't a "newbie" nor that you knew the difference between a FICO and a FAKO.  Unfortunately, many do not so I made an incorrect assumption that you did not either.  My sincere apologies.

Established Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎04-09-2013
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

[ Edited ]

InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

Why would you want a FAKO score, then? I'm puzzled. I could see wanting access to report information and/or changes, like CK and CS. But a score that is not used by lenders and serves no real purpose seems an odd request for a non-newbie.

 

You could try Quizzle, but it only updates every six months. And it is also non-FICO, so there's that.


Ok maybe my original post was misleading. I'm looking for a website that uses data from Equifax and provides free reports just like CK and CS. Monitoring services provided by CK and CS aren't worthless. FAKO scores aren't worthless either as they can serve as a helpful educational tool and can also help people build credit. Also, Quizzle uses Experian, not Equifax.

 

I have 16 major credit cards and I applied for 7 more recently and got all 7 approved on the same day including a $20k CL Penfed Platinum Rewards card. My total credit limit is well over $200,000 and my FICO scores are in the 100th percentile.

 

I'm planning on making a thread with brief remarks for each issuer I've dealt with as soon as I get all the new cards and have things sorted out.

 


guiness56 wrote:

From your post I had no idea your weren't a "newbie" nor that you knew the difference between a FICO and a FAKO.  Unfortunately, many do not so I made an incorrect assumption that you did not either.  My sincere apologies.


 No need to apologize! My original post wasn't clear.

Moderator
Posts: 22,406
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 465
Registered: ‎02-14-2013
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

I think that was discontinued.
Established Contributor
Posts: 640
Registered: ‎11-20-2012
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?

There's nothing free listed for EQ in the CMS thread...

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

 

Digital CU will give a free score to members, but it's not exactly free, and no reports.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Where to get Equifax scores for free?


InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

There's nothing free listed for EQ in the CMS thread...

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/td-p/66254...

 

Digital CU will give a free score to members, but it's not exactly free, and no reports.


Admittedly it has been a year since I scoured the web for new CMSs. But I also troll several sites and never have seen a free EQ-based CMS.

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.