Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay! Had a collection account removed by EQ

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Yay! Had a collection account removed by EQ

I know this is not a REAL big deal as this was a duplicate account on equifax, but at least they removed it with no problem.  Also, I just have a pfd for a 3 year old account for $112 approved!!  I am so glad to see something working especially considering I have just started working on this!!!  To make it even better, Equifax says the Cap One cc for $1750 (that was originally $200) will come off in November!!  Yea!!  I was gonna pay it but since it's coming off so soon and I didn't owe them anywhere near that amount, I'm gonna just let it hapen. 

So, do you think I will see a small increase in my cs once these are off?  The duplicate account was old from 2001 so I know it won't help too much.  The capital one cc has my utilization at like 200% so I'm sure that will help once it's gone (am I right?).

I have some more disputes with cra's so I'm going to wait to see what happens. I will definitely send out a few more pfd's to see what i get back.  I receive such a fast response from the one cra that i'm getting excited!!

Have a good day and thanks so much for all the information here.
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay! Had a collection account removed by EQ

creditgirl wrote:
I know this is not a REAL big deal as this was a duplicate account on equifax, but at least they removed it with no problem.  Also, I just have a pfd for a 3 year old account for $112 approved!!  I am so glad to see something working especially considering I have just started working on this!!!  To make it even better, Equifax says the Cap One cc for $1750 (that was originally $200) will come off in November!!  Yea!!  I was gonna pay it but since it's coming off so soon and I didn't owe them anywhere near that amount, I'm gonna just let it hapen. 

So, do you think I will see a small increase in my cs once these are off?  The duplicate account was old from 2001 so I know it won't help too much.  The capital one cc has my utilization at like 200% so I'm sure that will help once it's gone (am I right?).

I have some more disputes with cra's so I'm going to wait to see what happens. I will definitely send out a few more pfd's to see what i get back.  I receive such a fast response from the one cra that i'm getting excited!!

Have a good day and thanks so much for all the information here.

Congrats,  that is great news.  Did you have to go through CSC?
Message 2 of 18
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  Sorry, I'm new to this all so I don't know what CSC is.  Could you explain?  also, do you think I'll see an increase in my credit score once with these 2 collection accounts removed.  What about when the Cap One falls off and my util goes down?

Thanks!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 3 of 18
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats, that is great news. Did you have to go through CSC?

Why would you have to go through CSC? Why can't you just send mail to the big 3 CRA's? (Genuinely curious)
Message 4 of 18
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

@creditgirl wrote:
Thanks! Sorry, I'm new to this all so I don't know what CSC is. Could you explain? also, do you think I'll see an increase in my credit score once with these 2 collection accounts removed. What about when the Cap One falls off and my util goes down?
Thanks!

CSC is a credit service organization. Kind of like a all-in-one credit reporting resource for businesses so that they don't have to separately talk to all 3 credit reporting agencies.
Message 5 of 18
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Oh okay!  No, I did not go through CSC, I just disputed the item with all 3 CRAs.
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 6 of 18
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

No problem. And to answer your other question, without knowing the full details of your credit report, when your CapOne falls off, yes your score will rise. I can't say by how much because all 3 credit agencies calculate your FICO differently. (10 to 20 points higher is a possibility)
Message 7 of 18
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks. The only other revolving account I have open is an authorized user account (which may be gone) that is at about 9% util and another cc that is at about 9% util.  the cap one card is making it appear as though my utilization is a little over 200%.

Also, I still have about 9 collection accounts that I am going to attempt to have removed. I am pretty sure a about 4 of them will accept the PFDs as they are medical accounts that will fall off in a about 6 months anyway. They are small amounts (like $50 and under).  The other 4, which are more recent, I'm not sure they will accept the PFDs. One is Midland, so it's likely they won't budge.

I'm hoping the 2 I am already having removed will help out some as well.

Thanks!
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 8 of 18
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

FYI, Authorized User Accounts aren't going to count towards helping your score anymore. The CRA's got tired of people using these as loopholes to improve their scores. I'm still unsure if the balance/utilization on these can hurt you though. Just something to keep in mind.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jschaffer wrote:

@creditgirl wrote:
Thanks! Sorry, I'm new to this all so I don't know what CSC is. Could you explain? also, do you think I'll see an increase in my credit score once with these 2 collection accounts removed. What about when the Cap One falls off and my util goes down?
Thanks!

CSC is a credit service organization. Kind of like a all-in-one credit reporting resource for businesses so that they don't have to separately talk to all 3 credit reporting agencies.

Incorrect,  CSC is what some areas of the country has to go through when disputing Equifax or trying to retrieve a credit report.  They are more of an outsourcer to only Equifax.  For instance, I tried to dispute some things on my Equifax report.  I was prompted to put in my zip code.  I was then sent to the CSC Credit Services webpage where I had to register and give them the information.  I dont know if CSC actually made the decision on my dispute or just prepared the information for an Equifax representative to make the decision.  Whatever the case, I was very happy with the resolution of getting several things deleted.  Some people in this forum had had bad luck with CSC and would like to deal with Equifax directly.  They really dont have a choice. 
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.