Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maybe someone can help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe someone can help

First thing I had a IRS tax lien on my reports from 1995, I have a copy of the release, I contacted the big three to have it deleted, TU and EX deleted it with no trouble. All EQ did was verify it. I got an alert and there it was. So I called the phone center and talked with a lady who had me fax the paperwork. Well to my surprise they just verified it again. I got another alert and checked and there it was that they had verified it again. OK I send them all the paperwork thought the mail and with a letter explaining everything in detail in first grade English and asked them why can’t they look at the release and just delete it from my report. They just verified it again and updated the dated on when it was verified. This is where the advice comes in, who  do I turn to now.

Well the second thing is the same except it is a state tax lien from NJ. I just don’t have a release letter for it. The BK judge let the tax and the lien go thought with the BK and is discharged. This tax lien is stopping me from getting a mortgage loan. I have contacted NJ and they have written or charged it off. They have records of it, but scared of waking a sleeping giant, tax was $5818.00 and I would PIF but they now want $24000.00. The other 2 CRA do not report the tax liens. What is the best want to take care of this? Anything will help.

I have some late pays from 8/2007, I went to work overseas and was supposed to have internet and phone, but could not get it until 09/2007 so my bills were late. Pay both payments in 09/2007. How long does the late pay stay on my CR?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: maybe someone can help

Late payments stay on your CR for 7 years.  The effect of a 30 day late decays very fast.  IMHO if they are 30 day lates, you wouldnt get denied for credit solely on them now since they are 2 years old.  You could try a GW with the CCC.  Check the Rebuilding Your Credit forum here.  I can't speak about the tax stuff but you might want to consult with a laywer.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: maybe someone can help

Regarding the tax lien, if you have disputed twice, and all they are doing is verifying, they probably wont listen to you again.

I would not dispute with them again.  Rather, I would bring legal action against them. They are prohibited under FCRA 605(a)(3) from reporting a tax lien in your credit report after 7 years from date of payment.  The law is just that simple.

Either get an attorney, or file a legal action pro se (by yourself).

Message Edited by RobertEG on 11-12-2009 11:06 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.