Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening credit card amounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

opening credit card amounts

What credit card(s) have the most generous offer amounts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: opening credit card amounts

That depends completely on what you are looking for. Cash back? Rewards points? travel points? Cash bac with revolving categories? Zero interest balance transfers? Low interset rates? Special financing?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding Berk. I do appreciate it. I am looking for a generic answer. I heard AMEX was the best for newbies like myself. 

Message 3 of 6
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I got 125.00 back in rewards bonus signing up with chase and spending atleast 500 in the first 3 months and adding 1 AU.  (wife)

100 bucks for spending the 500 in 3 months and 25 dollars for adding an AU.  You can wait around for a 200 instead of 100 dollar deal as well, they seem to cycle around a few times a year.

Amex has some great ones too but for who I am, I cant take advantage much of the hotal, travel and dining stuff.  Amex is awesome for that.

I got my 25 bonus within 3 weeks of signup and my 100 bonus is on my statement tomorrow.  About 1 and a half months from signup.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been extremely happy with AMEX.  Great rewards.  You really get to pick what you want.  I have a lot of reward cards and no one compares to them. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Limits are determined based on your credit and income so you can't just rely on the card for high limits.  Some creditors do have more lax approval criteria and that's one reason why NFCU is a popular option for those that qualify.  Take a look into other credit unions as well.  AmEx was mentioned but more so for the 3x CLI (read the guide if you have not).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.