Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird response from west asset

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

weird response from west asset

So I GW'ed every single contact for west asset regarding my husband through snail mail, email and the 'contact us' on the web page. Well today, we received a call from someone from West Asset ( I couldn't hear her name) asking for my husband to call back to receive a response from her company on the issue. Is that odd? I have been sending the same GW for weeks now, and I actually noted how they didn't update the account for 2 months after being paid (not that it matters anyway) and how the rep said it would be noted as paid immediately after recieving payment-which was over the phone CC. We didnt know about PFD and all that at the time.. but I am hoping that West ASset wants to remove it, but why would they call to tell him that? Isn't that weird. It still shows as unpaid, so I am a bit worried she is calling to say that they changed it to paid, and not going to delete.

Adding to the situation, my husband left  for his second tour of duty with the Air Force ( I have POA for him) and I'm hoping they will work with me on the issue with a quick fax of that letter.

Ok, I realized this is long and drawn out... but has anyone ever recieved a telephone response from west asset on a GW issue?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: weird response from west asset

Don't talk to them. Is it possible that the CA was paid for less than full? They could be trying to collect on that.

Send a DV CMRRR, even if you paid it all,  and they might go away.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I second that, Allied Interstate sent me a PFD offer for half the amount owed, when I called them up the **bleep** I spoke with basically told me that letter was worthless and that HE had the power to revoke the offer at any time and that the our conversations were recorded..........basically it wasn't enough that I was calling to accept their offer, they wanted more

Prior to that, I'd read mixed opinions on here about talking to CAs and thought I could use my powers of reasoning and persuasion to show that I was sincere about taking care of my "business" .......talk about an exercise in futility and frustration (I would rather talk the walls in my apartment than a CA)

Don't talk to them, if they can't put it in writing their full of teh crap!

Message Edited by bobgr on 03-08-2008 06:27 AM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Basic GREED!

The reps at CAs get a commission on everything they collect... try having them receive it about the 15th of the month --- if they are 'light' on commissions that month then more of a chance for a partial or PFD - it still has time to reach you before the end of the month and for you to pay and them to GET PAID.

OP get a fax# for them and respond via fax that DH is deployed and you have POA and would like to clear the matter up - give them an emaill address to reply to.  Don't sent the POA since it does have his sig on it...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.