Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd try for a mortgage

tag
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

2nd try for a mortgage

I tried last month to see if I qualified for a mortgage with my local credit union and was rejected.  They say because of my foreclosure in 2008.  So today I applied through wells fargo with whom I bank with to see if I can qualify.  I received a phone call not even an hour after applying which I thought was fast.   Tomorrow morning him and I are going to go fill out all my info and run it to see if I qualify.  If I get rejected again I think I give up this year on trying a 3rd time. 

My scores are in the 670's for all 3 credit agencys.  However I have a foreclosure from 2008 and a loan I cosigned in 2005 which is in default.  It's a private student loan which keeps getting sold to different collection agencys every 6 months.   I took my time rebuilding credit going from 450 after foreclosure to the 670s now.

My fingers are crossed I can qualify.  If I have to wait I guess I don't have a choice.  The foreclosure falls off my record next fall.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Re: 2nd try for a mortgage

Good luck! I hope you get approved!

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 2 of 7
akomayaa
Established Member

Hope you get approved!

Message 3 of 7
RJA
Regular Contributor

Good luck.  Hope you get your approval.  Don't give up if you don't though.  Try another lender that is not a bank/credit union - or go through a broker.  Maybe they will be able to help you where the bank and credit unions can't.

Message 4 of 7
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Dont give up.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 7
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

Thanks all. I did get a mortgage broker referral from a friend. I know 4 people that have used him and he comes highly highly recommend. I will try him next if the bank says no
Message 6 of 7
fezwhy
Regular Contributor

So the mortgage guy is says I qualify for a program that only requires 2 percent down with no pmi. Anything can happen during the approval process though. He says it looks good because I prepaid 5k in rent which I do get back when I move. I also have 6k in the bank. Will find time tonight to finish my application. Fingers are crossed.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.