Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve/eligible for FHA suspensed for LOE on credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approve/eligible for FHA suspensed for LOE on credit

I have read in the guide that the TOTAL Scorecard requires explanation of derogatory credit in the last 24 months but not after this. So I have a client with an Approve/Eligible response but the u/w suspended the file pending a LOE. I guess they can do this. My client was sick for over 4 years and had medical expenses to the tune of over $60,000. SHe los about this same amount of income from 2010-2014. She had late payments on her mortgage in 2015 though but no lates on the mortgage for 1 year to current. But she had some consumer lates on 2 capital one cards. About 4 this year. If the underwriter doesn't like the LOE for the lates, can the loan be denied? Everybody has lates, and DU didn't give a refer/eligible but an approve eligible response...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: Approve/eligible for FHA suspensed for LOE on credit

To be direct...YES they can be denied by UW due to the LOE. I was a mortgage banker for 10+ years. The underwriting today is absolutely insane. The things required are like giving up your first born...If you were smart you would start shopping the deal around and have 2 other lenders as backup.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not everybody has lates.
Message 3 of 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

The underwriter has a responsibility to confirm the AUS findings are correct & if not, they are required to downgrade the findings to a manual underwrite or even a denial.

Per your post, your borrower has had late payments in the last 24 months including mortgage lates so I would be seriously concerned about your loan getting approved.

I hope you have a great LOE. Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

underwriter doesnt have to approve something just because au gave it an approve/accept

'underwriter discretion' is the reason they use to kill deals they dont like.

i used to work for a company who used 'underwriter discretion' as a weapon it seems. i dont work there anyore.

technically, au accepted the credit. it is insurable and saleable. maybe the uw just power tripping

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.