Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forclosure forum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forclosure forum

someone told me to go to the forclosure  forum because there is a lot of great info.  However, I don't see a forclosure forum on these boards?  Where is it? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forclosure forum

I don't think there is one lol. I think we are it. There is a bankruptcy forum though.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

someone told me to go to the forclosure  forum because there is a lot of great info.  However, I don't see a forclosure forum on these boards?  Where is it? 

Hi Anacrusys. Although we don't have a specific foreclosure forum, we'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about foreclosures. Fire away!

Message 3 of 9
Bratbaby
Contributor

Just want to say...I had a foreclosure that transferred title on 8/15/2012, and just got the clear to close on a new house...you can come out the other side!
Message 4 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Bratbaby wrote:
Just want to say...I had a foreclosure that transferred title on 8/15/2012, and just got the clear to close on a new house...you can come out the other side!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Message 5 of 9
Kaj25
Established Member

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing, we decided to let our house go to foreclosure after endless talk with the bank the investor rejected 4 short sale offer contract, the house is on my husband name so the house is being sold off this week, am scared but am hopeful.

EQ Starting Score:553 EQ Current Score:680 EQ Goal Score:76
TU Starting Score: 572 TU Current Score: 620 Goal Score: 760
Message 6 of 9
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

I PM'd you about where you can find a foreclosure forum. It helped me a lot when I was going through it.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Everyone, I have a question and am unable to find an answer to anywhere on the web. Hoping for some help!

I am trying to determine when my 5 (extenuating circumstances) to 7-yr (financial mismanagement) waiting period for cone lending started after my home was foreclosed on several years ago. I'll explain.

I went 120+ days delinquent on both my 1st & 2nd mortgage in December 2008 at which point my credit reflected 'foreclosure in process'. I moved out of the home December 2008. The home was sold at auction 1/2010 per public records. I received a 1099 for my 1st mortgage charge off in 2010 and received the same for my 2nd in 2012. I have no clue why these 1099s were sent 2 years apart and so long after the start of the actual event (2008), but, anyhow, I assumed my 5 to 7-year clock would start from receipt of my last 1099 in 2012.

Before my foreclosure in 2008 and since my foreclosure I've been a responsible/heavy credit user and always paid my debts on time. I haven't checked my credit in quite some time but noticed last year around May my fico shot up from the low 700s to mid 700s. About 2 months ago its shot up even further to 812 to 815 with all 3 credit agencies. I haven't needed conventional mortgage lending since 2008 but my wife and I are looking into buying another home using conv lending and assumed we had a couple more years to go in our waiting period at least. I pulled all 3 credit reports a week ago and can't find any trace of my foreclosure(s) and am unsure if they correctly fell off and the waiting period started December 2008 or if they are still lurking.

This brings me back to my original question "When does my 5 to 7-yr waiting period start for conv lending? I completely understand it's 5 to 7 years from the month and year listed on my credit report of the delinquent account but specifically where does this month and date come from?

#1 - in 2008 when the foreclosure process started
#2 - in 2010 when the property was sold at auction
#3 - in 2012 when I received my 1099 for my second mortgage charge off

My thought is once I apply for the conventional lending they will in deed find the month & year and the delinquent accounts but I would like to know, specifically, where does this month and date come from #1, #2 or #3? Any light that can be shed on this would be great, thank you.

Message 8 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Everyone, I have a question and am unable to find an answer to anywhere on the web. Hoping for some help!

I am trying to determine when my 5 (extenuating circumstances) to 7-yr (financial mismanagement) waiting period for cone lending started after my home was foreclosed on several years ago. I'll explain.

I went 120+ days delinquent on both my 1st & 2nd mortgage in December 2008 at which point my credit reflected 'foreclosure in process'. I moved out of the home December 2008. The home was sold at auction 1/2010 per public records. I received a 1099 for my 1st mortgage charge off in 2010 and received the same for my 2nd in 2012. I have no clue why these 1099s were sent 2 years apart and so long after the start of the actual event (2008), but, anyhow, I assumed my 5 to 7-year clock would start from receipt of my last 1099 in 2012.

Before my foreclosure in 2008 and since my foreclosure I've been a responsible/heavy credit user and always paid my debts on time. I haven't checked my credit in quite some time but noticed last year around May my fico shot up from the low 700s to mid 700s. About 2 months ago its shot up even further to 812 to 815 with all 3 credit agencies. I haven't needed conventional mortgage lending since 2008 but my wife and I are looking into buying another home using conv lending and assumed we had a couple more years to go in our waiting period at least. I pulled all 3 credit reports a week ago and can't find any trace of my foreclosure(s) and am unsure if they correctly fell off and the waiting period started December 2008 or if they are still lurking.

This brings me back to my original question "When does my 5 to 7-yr waiting period start for conv lending? I completely understand it's 5 to 7 years from the month and year listed on my credit report of the delinquent account but specifically where does this month and date come from?

#1 - in 2008 when the foreclosure process started
#2 - in 2010 when the property was sold at auction
#3 - in 2012 when I received my 1099 for my second mortgage charge off

My thought is once I apply for the conventional lending they will in deed find the month & year and the delinquent accounts but I would like to know, specifically, where does this month and date come from #1, #2 or #3? Any light that can be shed on this would be great, thank you.

#2 when the property was sold at auction (back to the bank)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.