cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can we be approved for? Realistically...

tag
agekeith22
Valued Member

How much can we be approved for? Realistically...

My husband would apply alone, as I do not work and have less than stellar credit.

Income: $136k annually
401k and stocks: $70k
Child Support: $900 per month
Other Debt: none

Down Payment: $35k-$40k
Additional cash savings: $15k

Loan Type: conventional 30 year
FICO - 720 mid

Property Taxes and Homeowners Insurance: $12k per year
HOA Dues: $1015 per year

We are looking at homes around $400k, but I am uncertain if we could even be approved for this much.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

Re: How much can we be approved for? Realistically...

You should have no problem whatsoever.

Our profile is very similar, but we put much less down on our house.

Income - 135k

Monthly debt - 1100

Property taxes - 12k

HOA - 1200

We signed for our house at 415k, and have had no issue with our approvals.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 2 of 6
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@agekeith22 wrote:
My husband would apply alone, as I do not work and have less than stellar credit.

Income: $136k annually
401k and stocks: $70k
Child Support: $900 per month
Other Debt: none

Down Payment: $35k-$40k
Additional cash savings: $15k

Loan Type: conventional 30 year
FICO - 720 mid

Property Taxes and Homeowners Insurance: $12k per year
HOA Dues: $1015 per year

We are looking at homes around $400k, but I am uncertain if we could even be approved for this much.

Hi,

Are the Taxes and HOA fees for a new property or you current?  Are you selling your current home or carrying both mortgages?

With 900 in child support as the only debt you can afford roughly 3,175 as a new monthly mortgage payment.  This is the total payment, and would include escrow, and HOA fees.  

If the HOA and escrow information is correct above for the new house you can afford - a P and I payment of $2088.75.  This would give a purchase price of $389,095.73. (after down payment IE amount financed) So if you put 70 K down then you could afford 459,095.73

With more detail I can get closure on the true numbers.  

Message 3 of 6
agekeith22
Valued Member

Thanks for the rough figures. Taxes and HOA fees would be for the new property, we are trying to sell our current home, and would not start building the new house until after our current house is sold.

We would aim to put down 10%, with a max down payment of $40k.
Message 4 of 6
GRate
Valued Member

Based on the information you provided you should be okay but I would contact a lender for a pre-approval to make sure. With a down payment of 40k, your principal & interest payment would be $1,850/month on a 30 year fixed. Feel free to reach me for a pre-approval to determine the exact amount you can qualify for. We are a top 10 mortgage lender in the US and purchase experts.

"Mod Cut" to remove direct contact info, because it's again myFICO terms of service.

Please check your Private messages, yellow envelope upper right. Lightnin- myFICO Moderator

Message 5 of 6
LeonardHoff
New Visitor

I also feel that your figures and satisfying and you can apply for a good amount as said here by everyone.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.