Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUST VENTING....AAAAARGH!

tag
Bratbaby
Contributor

JUST VENTING....AAAAARGH!

Long story shortish...my husband and I have rented a house for the past three years. We always hoped to purchase it one day but we were caught in the real estate crash, and my foreclosure was final in August of 2012. US Bank dragged their feet forever on his, so it wasn't final until last June.

Landlord's kind proposal...

$60k in cash. The balance at 7.5%. We pay taxes, insurance and HOA. Asking price $20k over market. And he won't record the deed until it's paid in full, so nothing in our names, no mortgage interest tax deduction.

Am I wrong in seeing that deal as an insanely expensive lease option? He's become really abusive in his messages to us, calling us liars and stupid people and saying he feels really "screwed over." Frankly, I think we dodged a bullet in not entering into a contract that one-sided with someone like that.

I think we'll just find a short-term apartment and actually buy a house in my name in August. With my name on the deed and everything!

Sorry. Just frustrated with this guy. And a little shocked at the messages I'm getting from him.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JUST VENTING....AAAAARGH!

He sounds like a gem. I'm glad you're not taking him up on that awful deal!

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the foreclosure clock doesn't start ticking until the deed has been transferred out of your name (3 years for FHA, 7 for conventional).

Was your husband's name on title for the foreclosed house?

Edit: I would tell your landlord to shove it!

Message 3 of 17
Bratbaby
Contributor

Thank you!!! It IS awful. At least now I know just how careful I have to be around him...he showed his true colors. I'll be documenting EVERYTHING as we vacate this house...pictures in every room, etc. I'll be glad to be shut of him. And having a nice Labor Day bbq in a house that I actually own. I have my loan all lined up, financials submitted, everything's a go...just have to flip a few calendar pages.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bratbaby wrote:
my foreclosure was final in August of 2012. US Bank dragged their feet forever on his, so it wasn't final until last June.

Can you clarify this please?

Message 5 of 17
Bratbaby
Contributor

DPeezy...yes, we owned separate houses. The deed on my house transferred 8/22/2012. According to my lender, I can close any day after that. Hubby has to wait a while, but we can go with my income. Fortunately, I have a nice nest egg to put down.
Message 6 of 17
Bratbaby
Contributor

I'm not looking forward to moving twice in one summer...but it'll be worth it in the end!!!
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that is great! I misunderstood. Four months to go!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Bratbaby
Contributor

And no more dealing with Mr. Crazypants.
Message 9 of 17
Bratbaby
Contributor

Who is now blowing up my inbox with accusations of underhandedness and threats to keep the deposit.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.