Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage lenders in Missouri that deal with bad credit

tag
Kcstreetracer
Established Member

Mortgage lenders in Missouri that deal with bad credit

Trying to find a mortgage lender that will deal with bad credit.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage lenders in Missouri that deal with bad credit

@Kcstreetracer wrote:

Trying to find a mortgage lender that will deal with bad credit.

How bad?

Message 2 of 4
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

@Kcstreetracer

I seen some horrific in my time, so that statement is very subjective. Folks that tell me they have bad credit, I usually tell them this. As long as you've been keeping your credit obligations paid over the last 12 months, we can get you financed with a minimum down FHA loan. But  they say, "I have some really high balance collections!"

Collections are dealt with a simple formula. Any collections over $2,000.00, we are required to hit you with an imaginary 5% payment. This is done effectively to shrink your buying power by adding that payment to debt to your DTI. Medical collections are disregarded. Charge offs are overlooked. (At least by many lenders).

If you find that you don't fit this shoebox, you can be placed into a credit rebuilding program. Or there are other NonQM Programs that you may qualify for. These programs do you have higher rates and fees, but are viable alternative as long as you employ an exit strategy. Meaning you have a plan on how to refinance into a tradidtional loan product late down the road. But generally speaking, there is a loan program for everybody. I encourage you to take that step and see what your options are.

Best wishes to you !

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 3 of 4
Kcstreetracer
Established Member

Wow that's great news! Hopefully I can stumble upon a company to work with me. I do fit that criteria as soon as this false 30 day late is removed. Unfortunately, every company I've reached out to says my score is to low. Mid score of 573. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.