cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Medical Collection popped up, Is it possible to do a HIPPA letter?

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Old Medical Collection popped up, Is it possible to do a HIPPA letter?

We will close in Approx. 60days if not sooner and I have an old Medical collection that popped up last month, Will the HIppa process place the accts in "dispute" status or should I leave well enough alone? I dont know the best route but could use the 27 points that it dropped me.

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Medical Collection popped up, Is it possible to do a HIPPA letter?

lenders typically do not want to see things in dispute status and may put your loan on hold while it is being disputed. my lender said they didnt care about medical debt, but if this will put you in a lower interest rate you may want to get advice from your lender.

Message 2 of 5
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Good news, i called the collection agency and arranged a verbal PFD and today with a little leg work called Transunion to have them contact the CA to verify and they did and my Trans score went back up to 700. They normally do t do it but i got a really nice 3rd level supervisorand explained my situation and she was nice enough to help, so we also did a rapid rescore and with that and the deletion im at 700. After repull my experian score had to be used and it is a 671. Couldnt be happier 

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 3 of 5
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

You are tenacious!! I love it!!! 👏
Message 4 of 5
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Thanks but yesterday i was so mentally drained i couldnt fall asleep. True story. Lol im sure it will be well worth it though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.