Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinance question

Hello all,

First I would like to say thank you to all of you...I have been reading and applying what I have learned on this site for the past 7 months and have gone from having 3 subprime cards with a max of $4k in
credit to approx 10 cards ( more than enough) & over $75k in credit ( include $28k auto loan, $20k cons. loan, $20k cc  & $6k loc. (4 most of the new credit has been with NFCU).  scores went from 540 mid to 630 mid.

Here is the issue, back in late 2005 early 2006, I had approx 12 -30 day rolling lates on my mortgage.  I also had 5 cards charge off (all have been PIF).  Prior to that I had good solid credit.  (I made the mistake of working for a major financially troubled airline that imposed across the board salary cuts.

I have since changed employers and  have been current on all cc's for over two years, and current on the mortgage for 21 months.  However, I am having a hard time refinancing my first and second mortgage 7% & 18% respectiviely.  The monthly payment is $1890, which is manageable but just a waste.    The combined bal are $165k, home worth approx $175k, want to do FHA refinance but keep hearing no!!!!..  ( income $86k, ratios about 43%) 

Any suggestions on how I can make this happen  ..Shane??

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Refinance question

Looks like it should work to me, what are the reasons they are giving you for not being able to do it?  That could add some insight.  Did you use both your current 1st & 2nd mortgage to purchase the home?  If not, when did you obtain them?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.