Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Collection Accounts

tag
Shockedimpy
Contributor

2 Collection Accounts

Hello,

I currently have 2 collections (baddies) that are killing my score. I'd like (if POSSIBLE) to pay both of these accounts ASAP. Any luck with either of these agencys?

DCI- Old Sprint acount $646 dollars (about 2 years old). Ive read somewhere that a person paid Sprint DIRECTLY and they removed the collection off all 3 reports. Is that possible? I thought DCI owns the debt now? Or should I call DCI and ask if they do a PFD? Any luck with them??

Midland Funding- $503 (I know how hard these guys are). Should I try calling their # tomorrow too see if they offer a PFD if I pay balance in FULL? Anyone have any luck? Is it better to send a letter or just simply call them directly? Any advice guys? 

Thanks again

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Collection Accounts

Shockedimpy wrote:

Hello,

I currently have 2 collections (baddies) that are killing my score. I'd like (if POSSIBLE) to pay both of these accounts ASAP. Any luck with either of these agencys?

DCI- Old Sprint acount $646 dollars (about 2 years old). Ive read somewhere that a person paid Sprint DIRECTLY and they removed the collection off all 3 reports. Is that possible? I thought DCI owns the debt now? Or should I call DCI and ask if they do a PFD? Any luck with them??

Midland Funding- $503 (I know how hard these guys are). Should I try calling their # tomorrow too see if they offer a PFD if I pay balance in FULL? Anyone have any luck? Is it better to send a letter or just simply call them directly? Any advice guys? 

Thanks again

With the sprint one, i'd say call sprint directly and ask them if you can pay them in exchange for removal. you can't just pay them because you run the risk that they'll just tell the collection agency to update it to paid, which as you know, does you know good (yes, there's a chance they might have it deleted, but no guarantee, which is what you need) 

i personally have never done one, but from what i've read on here, your best course of action is to avoid phone contact and send a PFD letter to both collection agencies (assuming you can't work it out with sprint directly).... i'm not sure if you meant that literally, but almost no collection agency will offer a PFD, it's something we generally beg for 

someone please correct me if i've said anything stupid

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

im very unhappy about the punctuation i allowed to post in that last post

Message 3 of 7
Shockedimpy
Contributor

Should I just pay the CA the lesser amount or try to pay the companies I orignally owed the money? Which has a better chance of PFD?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your best chance for PfD is with the original company paying in full, most companies aren't gonna be too eager to do you a favor if you're not even paying the whole bill. Remember you will be asking them before paying for pfd, so when you call the original company you'll ask, if I pay you in full will you pull the debt back from the collection agency and assure me that any and all information will be deleted
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And no matter what, get something in writing saying that the collection account will be deleted before even thinking about paying. Not updated, marked paid, brought current, DELETED... if you type in pfd letter, you'll find some pretty good ones you can work off of.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, communication companies like Sprint, ATT, DirecTV, DISH, etc, do NOT like to sell off their old accounts. What they tend to do is cycle them through several CA's about every six months or so. When did the CA recieve their collection authority? (the opened date)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.