Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Late Removed With No Goodwill Letter

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

30 Day Late Removed With No Goodwill Letter

Back in May 2017 my wife's Capital One card got hit with a 30 day late.   As an authorized user on that card it appears on both our reports. After our credit rebuild began in August 2019 it's been an eyesore for us each time we look at our credit profiles.  

We reached out to Capital One via phone in 2020 asking them to please remove it.  We had made 3 plus years of consecutive on time payments since and before the missed payment we had never missed any other payments with them in 6 plus years.  They said they couldn't remove it, we then spoke with a supervisor who repeated the same. After reading posts on here a few months ago I contemplated a goodwill letter to CEO but never sent it.

Yesterday MYFICO updated my account that a past due payment had been removed but offered no more info. Today I checked WalletHub and discovered it was the Capital One missed payment.  I had assumed it would stay on our reports for 7 years. So happy it got removed after 4 years instead!😄😄😄😄

743BCCCF-0EA4-4A0A-AD8B-7A88F39210A3.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 30 Day Late Removed With No Goodwill Letter

Congrats! Guess the stars aligned and so mojo went your way. Sweet!

Message 2 of 5
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Guess the stars aligned and so mojo went your way. Sweet!

@FireMedic1 thank you! 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the removal. For future reference if you are just an AU you can remove self as AU and dispute the account off your CR as not responsible for repayment of the account only an auth user.

Message 4 of 5
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on the removal. For future reference if you are just an AU you can remove self as AU and dispute the account off your CR as not responsible for repayment of the account only an auth user.

@gdale6 Thank you for the congratulations and the tip! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.