Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quick question concerning an Alert about equifax investigation

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

A quick question concerning an Alert about equifax investigation

I disputed four items on my EQ report a couple days ago and today received alerts saying three have updated but in the comments it says investigation in progress.  One TL showed a corrected balance (half of what it was) and my score went up 10 points.  My question is are these validated TLs now, or does EQ simply show the TLs as they work on investigating the validity of the credit.  In other words, is it a done deal given that they have said these TLs have updated or can further changes occur?  I am just confused as to whether this is a done deal or simply showing the accounts as they verify info.  I would assume it was a done deal except for the fact that in the alert line there is the comment about consumer reinvestigation...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: A quick question concerning an Alert about equifax investigation

You are the best judge of if its correct...You know the amount that was owed vs the amount they say you owe after interest, fees etc 

I will say this and in my experience I've seen CB's come back as verified and I know the infomation is and was not correct. So do you homework and if you fell its not correct dispute again...

As far as alerts you'll get one every time they feel the issues has been resolved to their satisfaction.....but it's not their file and life being affected so you be the jugde 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

MyJourney, the feedback.  Perhaps I did not explain my question well but although the alert says an account has been updated, there is still a comment about an investigation in progress.  So my thought is does the alert simply document that there is current activity on the account.  It says nothing about the completion of the investigation. 

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daddiggingout wrote:

MyJourney, the feedback.  Perhaps I did not explain my question well but although the alert says an account has been updated, there is still a comment about an investigation in progress.  So my thought is does the alert simply document that there is current activity on the account.  It says nothing about the completion of the investigation. 

Got you nowSmiley Wink

Probably just hasn't been updated in the system as complete but since you say the info has changed they probably aren't working on anything for that (1) file and it is in fact complete .....They tend to send a lot of emails/alerts  don't ask me why but they do

I'm willing to bet since they were all filed at one time they won't be marked as complete until all are done at which time you'll get another email ...

You can expect an email/alert a day at least tho

Hope this helps 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.