Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AHF - Oh what a tangled web we weave!

tag
creditFiend
Established Contributor

AHF - Oh what a tangled web we weave!

Hello all!!

I need to vent at myself.  I hope I didn't get myself in a pickle!

I am waiting for EQ & EX to be done with my dispute for EE on a paid collection due to fall off in July.  TU already deleted.

In the meanwhile, I also have a 30-day late with American Honda Finance from 6yrs ago, lingering on my file.  Also my last baddie.

I sent certified letters last week to David Paul, Paul Honda, & Hideo Moroe to the address in Torrence, CA.  I had not received a response by phone, so I called the number listed on Bloomberg. 1-310-972-2555.  A friendly receptionist answered.  I said "Good morning, I'm calling to speak with someone about my account."  She exlained it was the corporate office (which I already know) and to give her my state of residence, & she can connect me with someone who could assist.  "I told her it was for a 30-day late from years ago, will this person be able to assist me?"  She assured me they would.

I called the number given, not 1-800 (thank goodness!)  It was to an actual person.  I told her why I was calling, she asked where I got her number, I told her 'corporate'.

She then asked for name, address.  Then she says "oh we just processed your request."  I'm thinking, oh yea? (smiling)  She goes, 'yes', corporate forwarded your letter.

Then further explains that they found that the 30-day late is accurate.  I told her, "yes, I am not disputing that".  "I am requesting goodwill adjustment, being I have not been late any other time & the loan is closed."  She says, well actually, we're showing a 30-day late twice and that she mailed a record of payments, & the two lates.

I'm thinking, OH NO!  Will she report an update to the bureau?!  I didn't ask, don't want to hint any ideas, in case she hasn't.  I feel upset with myself, & sick to my stomach knowing the possibility of this.  Should've left well enough alone, eh?

Typing this to you all has already made me feel slightly better, because DH would not understand my pain.

Looking for reassurance, or comments welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. - I listed the phone number for anyone who is looking to GW, & know for sure what the payment history is.  You can contact the corporate office, give your state of 

residency.  They will give you a direct number to contact a representive who can personally assist you.

Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AHF - Oh what a tangled web we weave!

@creditFiend wrote:

Hello all!!

I need to vent at myself.  I hope I didn't get myself in a pickle!

I am waiting for EQ & EX to be done with my dispute for EE on a paid collection due to fall off in July.  TU already deleted.

In the meanwhile, I also have a 30-day late with American Honda Finance from 6yrs ago, lingering on my file.  Also my last baddie.

I sent certified letters last week to David Paul, Paul Honda, & Hideo Moroe to the address in Torrence, CA.  I had not received a response by phone, so I called the number listed on Bloomberg. 1-310-972-2555.  A friendly receptionist answered.  I said "Good morning, I'm calling to speak with someone about my account."  She exlained it was the corporate office (which I already know) and to give her my state of residence, & she can connect me with someone who could assist.  "I told her it was for a 30-day late from years ago, will this person be able to assist me?"  She assured me they would.

I called the number given, not 1-800 (thank goodness!)  It was to an actual person.  I told her why I was calling, she asked where I got her number, I told her 'corporate'.

She then asked for name, address.  Then she says "oh we just processed your request."  I'm thinking, oh yea? (smiling)  She goes, 'yes', corporate forwarded your letter.

Then further explains that they found that the 30-day late is accurate.  I told her, "yes, I am not disputing that".  "I am requesting goodwill adjustment, being I have not been late any other time & the loan is closed."  She says, well actually, we're showing a 30-day late twice and that she mailed a record of payments, & the two lates.

I'm thinking, OH NO!  Will she report an update to the bureau?!  I didn't ask, don't want to hint any ideas, in case she hasn't.  I feel upset with myself, & sick to my stomach knowing the possibility of this.  Should've left well enough alone, eh?

Typing this to you all has already made me feel slightly better, because DH would not understand my pain.

Looking for reassurance, or comments welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. - I listed the phone number for anyone who is looking to GW, & know for sure what the payment history is.  You can contact the corporate office, give your state of 

residency.  They will give you a direct number to contact a representive who can personally assist you.

Good luck with that THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST!! I sent a letter in regards to the same thing and they came back with like 6 lates on one of CRs and like 7 on the other and now I'm like **bleep**. If you have any success PLEASE let me know.

Message 2 of 5
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@anicole > Indeed they are!  I will be checking CK weekly now to see if they have updated to 2-lates rather than 1.

Question:  Did they go back & update your reports to show more lates?  Or is it unchanged

Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally understand the desire for a perfect report, but a single late from six years ago? Surely it's not counting against you much at all at this point. I would have just let it go.

Message 4 of 5
creditFiend
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I totally understand the desire for a perfect report, but a single late from six years ago? Surely it's not counting against you much at all at this point. I would have just let it go.

Right.  Something I did not realize at that moment.  It sucks when you're looking at 745 scores, & Discover shows: "things hurting score, delinquent or negative payment history"  That is the only thing they are talking about.  So I felt it was an issue, & just wanted it gone.

You live and you learn. ~Alanis Morissette

Thanks for your reply

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.