Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank not reporting correct balance

tag
theo78
New Contributor

Bank not reporting correct balance

I have a line of credit with a balence of $404.84. I paid off a large amount on this a few months ago, The bank is reporting a balence of $17,000. This is not correcvt and they have not updated the balence since July. It is now the end of October. I will be buying a car next month and this is killing my utilization, Hence the reason I paid the balence down on the line of credit. I disputed the balence with the credit agenceys and it came back correct. (Clearly they did not verify this item) I call the bank's customer service and they have no info and they can't tell me why it has not been updated... What is the best way to resolve this in a timly mannor? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank not reporting correct balance

Send them a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

Basis for the dispute is lack of compliance with FCRA 623(a)(2), which requires a furnisher to promptly update any reported item of information so as to maintain its current accuracy.  More than one reporting cycle without update gives rise to a lack of prompt update.

Include proof of the payments, and currernt balance, along with a copy of your latest CR showing their reporting of the incorrect balance.

They have a statutory period of 30 days to investigate and report their findings directly to you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.