Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle with Stating over and Score Boost

tag
Sherinvolvogold
Established Member

Battle with Stating over and Score Boost

Started this journey in April. I had no credit due to debt consolidation. (that was a four year battle) With that I had closed all credit card accounts, paid off balances  and paid off all collections.  I had to start over and reestablish my credit in hopes of me qualifying for a mortgage. I  had no idea  about the process or what a FICO score was until I was told by a mortgage lender. I have listed  my credit score journey which include  opening two credit card accounts. One was in June of this year and the other this month.

Started checking Experian in August . August 1 my score was 540 as of today it is 608

Equifax in April of this year. April 20 61,0  July 13  622,  as of today 638

Transunion July 29 598, 605 August 15, as of  30th  658

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Battle with Stating over and Score Boost

@Sherinvolvogold wrote:

Started this journey in April. I had no credit due to debt consolidation. (that was a four year battle) With that I had closed all credit card accounts, paid off balances  and paid off all collections.  I had to start over and reestablish my credit in hopes of me qualifying for a mortgage. I  had no idea  about the process or what a FICO score was until I was told by a mortgage lender. I have listed  my credit score journey which include  opening two credit card accounts. One was in June of this year and the other this month.

Started checking Experian in August . August 1 my score was 540 as of today it is 608

Equifax in April of this year. April 20 61,0  July 13  622,  as of today 638

Transunion July 29 598, 605 August 15, as of  30th  658

Congarts on your recovery and keep up the good work

Time heals all when it comes to credit

Use the new TL's and you will see improvement just remember to let one CC report a balance of 1-9% each month for max scoring 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Battle with Stating over and Score Boost

Keep sending GW requests to those who still have derogs reported on the paid debt.

Removal of negative payment history is one of THE best ways not only to improve score, but to improve the perception of one doing any manual review of your credit report.

One point of consideration is when do you plan to app for the mortgage?

It is usually wise to conduct any rebuilding involving addition of new accounts a year prior to mortage app review, thus ditching any inquries from scoring after a year, and showing a year of history on all TLs. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.